Thread: AK-47s: Soon to be made in USA

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post AK-47s: Soon to be made in USA

After today, it's all historical.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Century already makes them here (C39). But I can't say I'm not a little pleased to see some competition on the horizon, and hopefully the new Kalishnikov branded rifles will be of higher quality than Century is known for and built tougher than the C39's.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Century already makes them here (C39). But I can't say I'm not a little pleased to see some competition on the horizon, and hopefully the new Kalishnikov branded rifles will be of higher quality than Century is known for and built tougher than the C39's.
    Fuck Century's abomination.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Can't have too many home grown Kalashnikov variations considering how badly our government is trying to ban everything imported.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I was hoping that with the import bans my bank account might recover, but after looking at that RAS-47 I seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Fuck Century's abomination.
    I agree, they fucked up on theirs. I'd like to see some 'Merican made AKM's that have all the evil features and are built soviet tough, unlike Century's pot metal knock off.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

The funny thing is that the picture I saw looked like a .22LR AK, not the real deal. Besides, I have a real Russian made AKs from Izmash, so I do not need some US made junk.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

And look at what Mossberg is doing - http://www.guns.com/2015/01/20/mossb...ls-ak47-clone/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

More variety of supply is good. Helps hold down prices. The .22 LR version from Mossberg, nice but where the hell do you get ammo for it?

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Will these have hammer-forged chrome-line barrels?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

I doubt it. My understanding is this: Kalashnikov Concern actually has nothing to do with this up coming project, RWC just has a license to use their name. RWC actually cannot have any contact with KC whatsoever. They cannot contact KC for assistance with tooling, quality control, and etc. They're simply making new AK patterned rifles here in the US (like Century is doing) and branding it under the KC company name. As to them being of the same quality as Kalashnikov Concern's rifles... We can only speculate and hope until we see the finished product. On the plus side, it's another AK, made right here in the US that importation bans cannot and will not effect, and is now giving Century some competition on the home front. And you can put foreign furniture on and use foreign mags without having to worry whatsoever about 922(r) compliance. What's not to be happy about at this point?

Another US production coming to the US: Radom from Poland! They're going to manufacture cold hammer forged barrels here in the US.

Also, PSA is making South Carolina produced AKM rifles with 4150 steel barrels.

This is turning out to be a great year for AK's!
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

AK Bomb News!!!! (Again). Wow...wow, Polish Wepaon Factory Radom, maker of Beryl, finally divorced disgraced IO company. Radom is in process of opening manufacturing facility, here in USA, so they can bypass 922r. They are going to make here, built to military spec Beryls with Cold Hammer Forged barrels!!!! We should see pistols and rifles from them, before the end of this year. They already have all paperwork completed!!! This is outstanding news to AK lovers!

https://www.facebook.com/AkOperatorsUnion

Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 01-22-2015 at 12:41 PM.

So what's the count on major manufacturers now?
    Century Arms (iffy quality)
    IO (also iffy)
    Arsenal (awesome AK's, but pricey)
    Waffen Werks (I know little about them other than they build AK74's)
    Radom (coming soon)
    Palmetto State Armory (coming soon)
    an RWC (carrying Kalashnikov Concerns brand, coming soon)

And otherwise it's all down to a few mom and pop type operations building from kits and selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    So what's the count on major manufacturers now?
    Century Arms (iffy quality)
    IO (also iffy)
    Arsenal (awesome AK's, but pricey)
    Waffen Werks (I know little about them other than they build AK74's)
    Radom (coming soon)
    Palmetto State Armory (coming soon)
    an RWC (carrying Kalashnikov Concerns brand, coming soon)

And otherwise it's all down to a few mom and pop type operations building from kits and selling?
    DDI is the new kid on the block. Made in Florida with good QC from what I've read so far. They're still using Green Mountain 4140 barrels though, but I suspect as 4150 and CHF barrels become standard on US AKs, DDI will have to upgrade. Hell, Century is only just now getting some 4150 barrels for the Centurian V2.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Question

I wonder if they will be manufacturing magazines, as well; particularly 5.45 mags.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    I wonder if they will be manufacturing magazines, as well; particularly 5.45 mags.
    It has been legal to import foreign made mags for almost 11 years now

The real question is, are they gonna cut out the middle man (like Steyr and SIG have done in recent years).
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    It has been legal to import foreign made mags for almost 11 years now

The real question is, are they gonna cut out the middle man (like Steyr and SIG have done in recent years).
    I realize that but am hoping for some cheap 5.45 mags.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

For the forseeable future, Crapco will be your only "cheap" option.