Thread: No shower for me for the next few days.

No shower for me for the next few days.

http://www.wvva.com/story/27932291/2...rg-water-plant

Got some water stock piled. Worst case scenario. Head to the hunt camp and get some water from the well.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Wow just look at how fragile the water supply is in you region. I wonder if it is so easily killed around here? Makes you think what if a wide spread attack on water supplies happened and nearly every municipal water supply was choked off all at once.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

folks are very used to turning the faucet or flipping the switch. (that includes me.) if the power grid were to be severely damaged, clean water would be hard to get in a short time.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

babywipes dude. Like we do on Diesel subs.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    folks are very used to turning the faucet or flipping the switch. (that includes me.) if the power grid were to be severely damaged, clean water would be hard to get in a short time.
    About three summers ago we had a nasty storm come through. We had no power or water for about 7 days. Some even longer. It was weird to see people sitting on the side of the road because they were out of gas. If it had gone on a few days longer. It would have been really interesting. It was pretty hot. So, I was able to sleep in the basement. Kept me cool. Plus for me was that it was during the pga and I was able to clean up at work.

Local news just said that parts of my county (me) could be without water for up to 8 days. I am not worried, as I know plenty of people with farms close by that have wells. Plus worst case, I go to our hunt camp and get drinkable water out of the mountain spring. The well. Or the creek.

Thing is. I watched the news last night. Didn't think that we were going to be affected. Had to go to wall mart anyways after work today. Both entrances had water piled up by the doors. Son wanted some to take with him to the gym. So I put a case in the cart. While shopping wife calls and says to load up on water. ALL of the gallon jugs were gone. Added 4 more cases to the cart.

One hour later. ALL bottled water gone...Not only from wall mart, but from EVERY other big store in the county. (for giggles I called.)

Wall mart did say that more was going to be delivered tonight. Plus there is going to be water give away at the fairgrounds. Really not worried at all. Plus I have will have some extra days off this week. Rain and snow tonight. So going to put buckets on the back porch to collect water to flush with. Keep you all informed.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I have well water.It's all good until a long term power outage (we have a 100 gal sistern) or worse I get fracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    ...or worse I get fracked.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Scary as hell.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I guess it's safe to assume ElDuce isn't hinting that he wants a sponge bath?

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I guess it's safe to assume ElDuce isn't hinting that he wants a sponge bath?
    Not from any of you guys!!

Lol. Kidding buddy.

From the Mayor.

Had good wrap up mtg tonight with all emergency partners. 7000 gallon drinking water tanker is in Ronceverte at Island Park and two 7000 gallon tankers are at the fairgrounds free parking area. Water is free, but we ask that people use common sense and fill up one gallon and five gallon containers and not 500 gallon truck bed containers so that the water in the tanker can help more people. A preliminary test taken tonite showed no diesel. If we get confirmation tomorrow late afternoon/early evening from the more complete test, we will fire up the plant and start getting back to normal. Obviously it takes a while to recharge the lines and build pressure back up, but within 24 hours many people will have enough water for basic hygiene needs and those in higher elevations will get it within 24 hours after that. There will be a boil water advisory issued for all our water customers once we start pumping b/c the tanks went dry and it is a health requirement, but we will do testing as soon as we can to verify that the water meets health standards and then we will get the boil water advisory lifted. Please note that the boil water advisory has nothing to do with diesel spill; it is only a requirement of the health department b/c we ran out of water in the system. Another meeting is scheduled for 11am to morrow and I will post what I learn then. I appreciate everyone's patience in this trying time.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Wow just look at how fragile the water supply is in you region. I wonder if it is so easily killed around here? Makes you think what if a wide spread attack on water supplies happened and nearly every municipal water supply was choked off all at once.
    I'd run the well with the generator...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I'd run the well with the generator...
    Depending on the situation, running the generator may draw unwanted attention.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Supposed to drop to freezing tonight. Plus 4-6 inches of snow. Just filled up the truck with gas. (2.03! Cheapest in years.) Got firewood on the deck. Went to the fairgrounds filled up the water jugs. Bring it on!