Thread: Replacing Holder

Replacing Holder

Senate opens hearings for Obama attorney general nominee
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch promised a fresh relationship with law enforcement — and with Congress — at her Senate confirmation hearing Wednesday as she sought to become the nation's first black female to hold the post.
    Lynch is widely expected to win confirmation but is likely to face tough questions from the Republican-led Senate Judiciary Committee in two days of hearings. Republicans clashed repeatedly with the outgoing attorney general, Eric Holder.

"I for one need to be persuaded Ms. Lynch will be an independent attorney general," Senate the committee chairman, Chuck Grassley of Iowa, said in his prepared statement Wednesday. "The attorney general's job is to represent the American people — not just the president and not just the executive branch."

Lynch, the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York, would replace Holder, who announced his resignation last fall after leading the Justice Department for six years. Holder has been a lightning rod for conservative criticism, clashing with Republicans and becoming the first sitting attorney general held in contempt of Congress
    http://news.yahoo.com/senate-begin-h...-politics.html

Do you wonder what qualities she brings that 0bama desires in a Atty General?
    These quips are taken from the comments section to the above story;

robert 12 minutes ago
    Lynch also apparently views the death penalty as racist. She is cited as saying in a 2002 roundtable discussion that she had to repeatedly “explain decisions not to seek the [death] penalty” when she was a prosecutor. She claimed that the relative ease with which the death penalty was applied against blacks and Hispanics suggested a systematic disregard for minority citizens. Lynch would not apply the death penalty even if all of the “problems” with it could be fixed, according to the article, simply because of its supposed disparate impact on minorities: “You can be as fair as possible in a particular case, but the reality is that the federal death penalty is going to hit harder on certain groups.”

Z 28 minutes ago
    Bankers everywhere can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Loretta Lynch the soon to be nation’s top lawyer won’t try to put any of them in jail.
    Under Lynch’s oversight, the U.S. government allowed HSBC to pay a fine that amounted to five weeks of profit for the bank after they admitted to laundering $800 million for Mexican drug cartels. Lynch was also responsible for Citibank paying a $7 billion settlement-- $3.8 billion of which was later billed to U.S. taxpayers – rather than going to jail over misleading millions of investors about mortgage-backed securities that were doomed to fail.

Sam 17 minutes ago
    If there is ever a mistake in a nomination it is this one! " Her office in New York is currently leading a civil rights investigation into the police choke hold death of Eric Garner in Staten Island last summer." This is a no no for me. She "also apparently views the death penalty as racist." To me she is another Eric Holder and a vote for her is a vote for the continuing of the same old policies that Eric Holder held!

robert
    14 minutes ago
    Lynch favors voter fraud.
    In a speech at the Long Beach Martin Luther King Center in New York in January, Lynch claimed that efforts to improve the integrity of the election process were an attempt “to take back” what Martin Luther King, Jr. had fought for and that state legislatures were trying to “reverse” the gains made in voting. Lynch made it clear she approved of the Justice Department’s lawsuits against states such as North Carolina to stop voter ID laws and changes in early voting and same-day registration rules, saying such suits “will continue.”

She perhaps outholders Holder.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Even if I had never read the comments, I would have no doubts that she is not qualified to carry out her job as an unbiased AG. ANYONE Obamalama picks is already tainted, at best, OR, is the absolute "bottom of the barrel" candidate he dredged up to further his power grab.

Based on this, I have no doubts she'll be confirmed.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Color me unsurprised if she gets the job. Just because she's black and female. It'll be a double whammy liberal equality wet dream.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

She has also stated, during her congressional questioning, that she believes everyone has the right to work in the US, whether they are here legally or not.

Let the flood gates open (wider) with her at the helm of the DOJ.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Color me unsurprised if she gets the job. Just because she's black and female. It'll be a double whammy liberal equality wet dream.
    She'll be confirmed. There is no longer any difference between the two parties. They're both selling us out for their 30 pieces of silver.

There is only one option for all future elections, the write in..."None of the Above."
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    And the hits just keep on coming! Hopefully the last World War 2 vet will pass on to that special place in The Heaven before this country replicates that which they fought so valiantly against so long ago just yesterday. That way they won't have to see that the country that once was so great has left their work all in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Hopefully the last World War 2 vet will pass on to that special place in The Heaven before this country replicates that which they fought so valiantly against so long ago just yesterday. That way they won't have to see that the country that once was so great has left their work all in vain.
    Amen!

So if republicans fight her like they did Holder, will that make them sexist racists, or racist sexists?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

If o likes her, I'm automatically against her holding the post!

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    So if republicans fight her like they did Holder, will that make them sexist racists, or racist sexists?
    With a few exceptions you could count on one hand, when did the Republicans actually fight Holder?
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

They should save us all time and money and call for a straight up vote to confirm her since Zero won't nominate anyone with any integrity or sense of duty and countery.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    With a few exceptions you could count on one hand, when did the Republicans actually fight Holder?
    That's kind of the whole point. They didn't fight him any more than any other AG, but he claimed the amount of resistance he (and Obama) got from them was unprecedented and racist.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

She will carry on Holder's legacy of criminality and deceit.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Senator probes Obama's Launder-gate 'cover-up'
    Threatens to block confirmation of Loretta Lynch
    After his staff quizzed a whistleblower provided by WND, the office of Sen. David Vitter, R-La., announced it is investigating why Lynch, in her capacity as U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, allowed banking giant HSBC to avoid criminal prosecution of bank officers and other employees. HSBC paid a hefty fine, instead, for laundering uncounted billions of dollars of illegal drug and terrorist money through its U.S. bank in the service of Mexican drug cartels and Middle Eastern terrorists.

Vitter’s staff examined allegations made since 2009 by John Cruz, a former HSBC manager armed with 1,000 pages of bank account records and recordings of employees and numerous state and federal law enforcement agents who labeled him as “crazy” rather than seriously look into his claims.
    http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/senator-p...YqO7D1JUMMD.99
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"