Thread: SyFy magazines

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question SyFy magazines

Anyone else ever read Omni? Was just thinking about it today as it's been years since I saw it for sale (don't know why but the thought of it just popped into my head). Found out it went online only in 1996 and folded in 1998 when cofounder died. Any other print or online mags around that are similar? I really liked some of the stories, artwork and IIRC there were several continuing comics in it too.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I used to read that every month. Never got around to getting a subscription, so moved to a place I couldn't find it on the rack and that was it. An excellent magazine, it was.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    I used to read that every month. Never got around to getting a subscription, so moved to a place I couldn't find it on the rack and that was it. An excellent magazine, it was.
    What was it, penthouse or hustler that produced it? Something like that.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Used to read that back in the day when I actually read stuff that wasn't on a screen.

Only place that carried it was a little magazine/newspaper stand/gift shop sort of store. They tore the store down to expand the parking lot of a bank back in the late '80s early '90s. Lost track of it after that.

Kinda cool from what I remember.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    So, one quick little Bing, and viola...

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci...line-free.html

You're welcome.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    So, one quick little Bing, and viola...

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sci...line-free.html

You're welcome.
    Thank you!
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell