Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ups and downs of Vasectomy?

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

The ups and downs of Vasectomy?

Wife wants another kid, I don't. She's getting hard to turn down so I'm weighing my options. Maybe just slip a morning after pill in her coffee instead?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

I'll just leave you with this gem;
    http://www.webmd.com/men/news/200702...-dementia-link

I've seen guys who had vasectomies and subtly their demeanor changes, and not for the good. Of course when i first heard about this and showed it to them they denied they suffered from any side effects.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I had a vasectomy after our 3rd kid ( wife couldn't take birth control for health reasons) ihabn't has anies prolembs wit mi langage skiwls

This isn't a vasectomy issue, it's a marriage issue. The vasectomy itself is no problem. Getting a vasectomy when your wife wants another kid could be though.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    just start wearing a wool sock on your scrot to cut down on your fertility

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

It'll be 15 years this August since I got nipped. Wasn't a problem then and hasn't been one since. As others have stated though the reason for getting one might be the real elephant in the room. I would no more have gotten a vasectomy without my wife's approval than I would expect her to have an abortion or get her tubes tied without mine. FWIW the abortion would not be considered by either of us, was just using it as an example.

I believe a vasectomy can be reversed with some degree of success so even if you decide to do it, it may not have to be a permanent thing.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 01-31-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I'm more than a little reluctant to allow a needle or scalpel anywhere near my nuts, so this probably won't happen. Why can't they make a birth control pill for men that kills sperm cells?

Wife is refusing to do the deed with a rubber, isn't on birth control, and I doubt I can hold out forever. Never was good at abstinence. Despite my wandering eyes, fucking around on her ain't really a direction I'm willing to go. Besides, we made the perfect little girl the first time around, why fuck with perfection?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

You're on a very slippery slope when you justify withholding sex from your wife. Women are like Elephants. I got my snip because of the wife's problem with the pill.

Studies have shown they get cranky unless they obtain a deposit in their mommy bank at least every week or so.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Why can't they make a birth control pill for men that kills sperm cells?

cause your testosterone levels will bottom with it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Wife wants another kid, I don't. She's getting hard to turn down so I'm weighing my options. Maybe just slip a morning after pill in her coffee instead?
    You need to work this out. This difference of opinion is the stuff that kills off a marriage. Can you do a cost analysis and show how another child would be a big money suck and how the family standard of living for all members would be negatively impacted? Or would it be a waste of time with your spouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You need to work this out. This difference of opinion is the stuff that kills off a marriage. Can you do a cost analysis and show how another child would be a big money suck and how the family standard of living for all members would be negatively impacted? Or would it be a waste of time with your spouse?
    THIS! She needs to understand in no uncertain terms that it costs, on average, a QUARTER OF A MILLION dollars to raise a child these days, just from age 0 to 18.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/18/pf/child-cost/

And that doesn't even include college or the very real possibility that that "child" will still be living at home with mommy and daddy due to not being able to find a job like so many twentysomething kids these days.

That's YOUR retirement money pissing down the tubes.

Just get yourself snipped, don't tell her, then fuck the shit out of her to make her happy.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    THIS! She needs to understand in no uncertain terms that it costs, on average, a QUARTER OF A MILLION dollars to raise a child these days, just from age 0 to 18.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/18/pf/child-cost/

And that doesn't even include college or the very real possibility that that "child" will still be living at home with mommy and daddy due to not being able to find a job like so many twentysomething kids these days.

That's YOUR retirement money pissing down the tubes.

Just get yourself snipped, don't tell her, then fuck the shit out of her to make her happy.
    ^^^^

Don't listen to this guy. He's just angry that more parents don't get abortions.

Plus we all know American Progressivism = national suicide.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Abortion, or a morning after pill would never be an option for me. But then again. What is sex?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    I assume the existing child isn't yours?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post

My oldest son recently graduated college with a BA. My younger son is in his first year of college. My daughter is going to start HS next year.

You don't have to tell me about college costs. We're paying for our kids (we paid for the oldest son, now we're paying for the younger and we will pay for my daughter).

It's only money... easy come, easy go. It's just worthless paper printed by the federal reserve anyway.....

My oldest son has been trying for close to a year to get a job. He got hired at one place doing collection calls. He quit after 2 days (and I don't blame him one bit).

He might go back to school and get a masters... why not? It's a lot better than facing the "real world".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    My oldest son has been trying for close to a year to get a job.
    My oldest son recently graduated college with a BA.
    That would probably be why.

Bachelor of ARTS = Looks nice mounted on the wall, doesn't get you much in the real world these days.

You don't have to tell me about college costs. We're paying for our kids (we paid for the oldest son, now we're paying for the younger and we will pay for my daughter).
    I don't blame parents for wanting the best for their children, all I'm saying is that in the old days people had kids mainly so they'd have someone to take care of them when they got older. It made economic sense.

But more and more often these days, once the parents hit 80 and run out of retirement money, they find their kids nowhere to be found and instead end up rotting the rest of their years away in a piss-smelling, low-quality Medicare-funded nursing home for the rest of their lives while their kids party it up after being educated on their dime.

All I'm saying is that you may be regretting having invested so much in so many kids when you find yourself hitting 100 and running out of retirement money yourself. Just hope you still have good relations with them and they are there to help you out and/or let you live with them so you don't have to rot in one of those horrible places.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post
    You're on a very slippery slope when you justify withholding sex from your wife.
    Not witholding. Just refusing to do it without a rubber.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Studies have shown they get cranky unless they obtain a deposit in their mommy bank at least every week or so.
    That explains a bit. Still, ain't doin' it without contraceptives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Waste of time. I essentially just told her no more babies unless we win the lottery. Then again, I was the only one working while our kid was in diapers and had to drink formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I assume the existing child isn't yours?
    She is. I just don't want any more. I do not have the patience I should with the one I have, so two would really be pushing it. I'm just now rebounding from the diapers and formula stage.

Both of our trucks have V8's, so feeding them ain't cheap, and one we are still making payments on. We currently live in a shitty 2 bedroom apartment, won't be able to afford a bigger place for another year or so, and we have a credit card bill that we had to run up to put her through her courses to get licensed to sell insurance. We can't afford to pay for that, her boss was supposed to upon completion, still hasn't and the interest is piling up (fixin' to take the fat fucking prick to court if he doesn't pay up).

Mentally and financially, the last thing we need right now is another kid.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Oh this doesn't sound good at all. Financial problems are real pressure cookers that can kill a marriage.

we just had our first child and I know my wife will want another, I am not so sure. That said, I would never consider something like this without my wife's blessing. It's not about being pussywhipped, trust is everything in a marriage and I would consider this to due irreparable harm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast