Thread: Input request on my silencer design.

Input request on my silencer design.

Well, after sitting on this and "gearing up" for the last two years, I've put pencil to paper and started sketching out my silencer design for my 300BLK AR.

It will be all titanium; Gr 9 tube and Gr 5 internals and end caps. O.D. is 1.625 and I had originally planned on 10 inches in length, but I think I'm going to shorten that. The endcaps will be screw on so that it can be cleaned. The first baffle is rather thick, acting as the "blast baffle". The baffles will be smooth cones with the "triple clip" that I saw done on Silencertalk. The first three baffles will have a spacer that is .7 in. Then there are 4 baffles that have .5 in spacers.

Now this is where I've run into my problem. Should I terminate the silencer after the 7th baffle, or add more baffles? If I terminate at this point I think the length will end up being just a bit longer than 8 inches. This will see mostly sub-sonic rounds with the occasional super-sonic hunting rounds so there is a benefit to more baffles. But do I really need more than 7? Anyhow, I was hoping some of ya'll could put in your opinion on the matter.

Thanks.

PS, you'll note on the left side that this will be mounting using a QA/QD muzzle brake. I've included in the design a rather thick blast chamber that will be around the muzzle brake. The blast baffle begins about .7 inches after the end of the muzzle break. Do ya'll think that .10 of Gr 5 is a bit too much?

Thanks again.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

You should check out silencertalk.com and look at some of the members form 1 supperssors.

If you have access to a CNC machine then there are some incredible mono-core designs.

BISHOP

IMHO it dont take much to suppress 300blk.

I use a 4 "K" baffle can with a .500 hole.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Talking

Email Jesse James...I'm sure he would know
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm not qualified to advise on this one. I have two suppressors but they are AAC products, never built one of my own.

Well, after about a week of talking back and forth with some folks on silencertalk I think I've hammered out a good sketch. . .

I think I'm going to thin down the blast chamber a bit. Right now it's apx .100 thick Gr 5 titanium. That's a bit overkill. I think I'll scale that down to .07 or so.

Looks really good. You going to do DIY series of photos and talk through when you start moving metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Looks really good. You going to do DIY series of photos and talk through when you start moving metal?
    Yeah, I thought I'd snap a few photos of the process.

So, any progress on this project?

I've got some titanium round stock in the lathe and started on one end cap. BUT, I haven't touched it in about a week. Right now I'm trying to get seeds planted and under the grow light for this years garden. Then I'll need to work on getting the garden ready for planting. . .

I just never have enough time in the day, LOL.

Subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Subscribed.
    I'll second that!