Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave it to the Swedes. Micro chips anyone?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Leave it to the Swedes. Micro chips anyone?

So it seems a company in Sweden is making it optional for now for their workers to have micro-chips installed in their hand to allow access that used to be done by card swipe. This is wrong on so many levels, but for some reason the phrase "coming to a city near you" is ringing in my ears.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31042477

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Well, maybe in the movies they will quit cutting out eyeballs. Just cut off a .gov worker's hand and stuff it in their pocket till they need access to the secret vault.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

No need for the full hand. It will be just under the skin. Slit, lift, pick, go. Like a large grain of rice.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    I thought someone would see the irony of putting a .gov workers hand in their pocket themselves...seems like there's one there all the time anyway.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    I thought someone would see the irony of putting a .gov workers hand in their pocket themselves...seems like there's one there all the time anyway.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Just as significant would be putting a chip in my butt.

The thing is, I'm really surprised at the willingness of anyone to receive a chip. Maybe I see things differently being raised in the buckle of the Bible Belt. Things that mark your hand or head as an identification are a no-no.
    Last edited by Altarboy; 02-01-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i really dont see what the big fuss is all about. if i had a good carer that i planned on being at for the rest of my life, id seriously consider it. one less thing to carry or forget at home and realize once your half way to work.

if youve ever used rfid technology before, i have a token i need to get into my building at work, or to start the gas pump to fuel up, you know how shitty it is. you need to rub that token right up against the sensor, sometimes more than once, to get it to work. to think that the gov is going to "track you by satellite" is just fucking ludicrous, unless they develop a satellite that will orbit your hand at a height no greater than 3/8". unless they start installing batteries or extension cords with these, the greatest range possibe for a passive tag is about 10m, and depending on the carrier frequency, most are well under 1m range. if you have had your dog chipped and seen them read that, you will know that they have to wave the scanner right against ir right above the skin to get it to work. those implantable chips all operate in the 125kHzbandwith, which has a MAXIMUM range of about 2-3"
    Last edited by deth502; 02-01-2015 at 10:32 AM.

if you are truly worried about being "tracked", then stop reading this right now, smash your cell phone and computer, and never go online again. no need to conjecture that maybe, someday, someone might maybe decide to try to track you with rfid, they are ACTUALLY doing it RIGHT NOW, monitoring your internet posts and cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Well, maybe in the movies they will quit cutting out eyeballs. Just cut off a .gov worker's hand and stuff it in their pocket till they need access to the secret vault.
    Actually, the idea of cutting someone's eye out to use with a retinal scanner is nothing more than movie myth.

In reality, an eye would become useless in tens of minutes. The cornea would cloud over and the vitreous would coagulate. Either of these would make the retina impossible to see or scan.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    if you are truly worried about being "tracked", then stop reading this right now, smash your cell phone and computer, and never go online again. no need to conjecture that maybe, someday, someone might maybe decide to try to track you with rfid, they are ACTUALLY doing it RIGHT NOW, monitoring your internet posts and cell phones.
    Yeah! Just give in to whatever any alleged authority wants you to do! It's for your own good!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Yeah! Just give in to whatever any alleged authority wants you to do! It's for your own good!
    im assuming this is sarcasm, but im having trouble grasping it. so you are trying to say that the gov is not reading your emails, internet posts, texts, and listening in on your phone calls? are you saying that they cannot track you by your cell phone? yes, lets all focus on the man down the street with a knife, and ignore the one with the gun to our temple.

I think what we are all saying is the government intrusion is bad enough already, and a chip in your hand is beyond reason. That is all.

but this had nothing to do with govt intrusion, it was a private company offering to do it to those who volunteered. rfid chips are not evil, most people probably have more than a few of them on their person right now.

i will agree whole heartedly that the govt can not and should not mandate that any citizen be required to get one (just like they can not require you to purchase something, like health insurance).

it's all the same to me. A chip in the hand. Seriously. Don't do it.

Heck, I looked online at table saws earlier and now tablesaw adds are popping up on Drudge.

Guessing most of you didn't watch the video.

I can tell you right now that no guy with earlobes stretched out to the size of mason jar lids, covered in tats, and having sub-dermal implants is going to get close enough to me to implant anything.

Guy looks like a walking ad for how to get Hepatitis.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    im assuming this is sarcasm, but im having trouble grasping it. so you are trying to say that the gov is not reading your emails, internet posts, texts, and listening in on your phone calls? are you saying that they cannot track you by your cell phone? yes, lets all focus on the man down the street with a knife, and ignore the one with the gun to our temple.
    Yes my post was sarcasm. I have a problem with willingly participating in their surveillance society by taking chips or any other measure they deem needed by the police state. Such as fb, myspace, etc etc where one posts their latest poop and shares it with their friends and the entire world and pretty much every int agency. Yes, they record every phone conversation and email and web post. But hey if you want to have a chip, step on up.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Looks convenient. I fail to see why God would burn you in hell for all eternity just because you wanted to spend less time at the photocopy station.

Try getting anywhere within a Google facility as a contractor without a retinal scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    The thing is, I'm really surprised at the willingness of anyone to receive a chip. Maybe I see things differently being raised in the buckle of the Bible Belt. Things that mark your hand or head as an identification are a no-no.
    "Mark of the Beast."
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast