Thread: Buck Tactical

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Buck Tactical

Thought I'd post some pics of my Buck fixed blades from their more tactical offerings. There are various models from the Night Hawk series including two 651 Pigstickers made for the Australian market, a Buck 639 and 619 as well as a Buck Simonich Raven Legacy in S30V.

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I like the two short ones in the middle with green handles. Looks like they'd make a badass boot knife with the addition of a clip-on kydex sheath.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I like the two short ones in the middle with green handles. Looks like they'd make a badass boot knife with the addition of a clip-on kydex sheath.

Those are both Buck 655 Night Hawks. I've had one for a few years and just picked up the second one yesterday. They might be a bit large for a boot knife. Blade is 5.25" and the OAL is right at 10.5".
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Those are both Buck 655 Night Hawks. I've had one for a few years and just picked up the second one yesterday. They might be a bit large for a boot knife. Blade is 5.25" and the OAL is right at 10.5".
    I just measured my current boot knife at 10 1/8" including the sheath, and its right at the limit for concealability. Its just an el-cheapo I've been carrying lately to try out that carry method. And to give me a cheap but heavy knife to thrash if I need to abuse a knife.

I'll probably get a Cold Steel Kobun for a more serious boot knife whenever I get around to it.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 02-01-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"