Thread: Just got back from shooting.

Just got back from shooting.

Well, the weather wasn't too bad. My son has been bugging me to take him. So we went. He has really been wanting to shoot the 1919. I haven't shot it in years. And if you remember, I had some issues with it. Well, we took it. M1 Garand in .308. Rem Model 11 (military) Mp-40 and Uzi.

We loaded up a cloth belt for the 1919 with the ZQ1 ammo that I recently bought at wall mart. (9.97/20) And it ran great. Not a single issue. Also used the zq1 in the Garand. Was able to hit targets at 150 yards no problem.

Ran WWB in the Uzi and Mp. Had a hoot. We have been shooting at an old range that is set in a quarry. So, it was cool to put some holes in the ice. With the .308, chunks of ice were flying about 20-30 ft in the air!

Went through 200 rounds of .308, 200 9mm. 25 of bird shot in the 12 guage. On the way home. I said. Well shoot. We should have brought a .45, and a M1 carbine! That way we could have shot the guns of Furry!! Well time to make some dinner and watch some of that game tonight before I have to go to bed. Son was really happy to sling some lead.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Glad to hear you had a great day shooting. I hope to get out and shoot in a couple of weeks.

Nice to hear the ZQ1 ammo is good. I've got a few boxes of that, myself.

It sounds like the 1919 like being fed the ZQ1. Maybe the ammo wasn't up to snuff the last time you took it out.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Glad to hear you had a great day shooting. I hope to get out and shoot in a couple of weeks.

Nice to hear the ZQ1 ammo is good. I've got a few boxes of that, myself.

It sounds like the 1919 like being fed the ZQ1. Maybe the ammo wasn't up to snuff the last time you took it out.

Honestly it has been YEARS since the 1919 went out. I was having problems with the (not the proper term) end cap. It was stuck on and the barrel was able to free float. So, after getting that unstuck. It shot great. Now, going to put the cleaning off till tomorrow. Son was really happy to get out. So was I. Though he did more shooting than I did.

Sounds like fun. No pictures again?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Honestly it has been YEARS since the 1919 went out. I was having problems with the (not the proper term) end cap. It was stuck on and the barrel was able to free float. So, after getting that unstuck. It shot great. Now, going to put the cleaning off till tomorrow. Son was really happy to get out. So was I. Though he did more shooting than I did.
    It is called the Booster Cap or Barrel Booster. I remember shooting your 1919 at the WV shoot, the first one. Seemed to work well then. But they do require cleaning to get that carbon fouling build up out of the Booster Cap. I've had a 1919 semi at one time learned a lot about making them operate with that one.

glad you had the time for your son and you both had a hoot.
    time well spent.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I've gotta get out and bust some caps soon. Last time was @ the end of August w/ 10-32 at his range. Weather around here has been lousy though....we got hit w/ a blizzard yesterday which dropped 18" of snow. Went to a local indoor pistol range about six weeks ago but that doesn't really count....