Thread: Hibben Knives?

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Hibben Knives?

For starters, I'm not a knife guy. I know very little about "quality" blades. Just getting that out of the way.

I was given a Hibben Arkansas Toothpick styled blade that's supposed to be an Expendables 2 "special limited edition blah blah blah". Probably made in China. I'm thinking this thing was obviously made more for decoration than anything just by looking at it, not to mention I wouldn't imagine stainless steel resharpens too well. Anyone care to tell me just how in the hell this thing can be useful for anything anywhere other than taking up closet space and does Hibben make anything remotely practical?
    https://www.hibbenknives.com/Expendables2.htm
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Most of the Hibben stuff is fantasy/movie type blades and I would agree they are more for display than use. According to the site linked they are using 440C which is a fine steel but how they may or may not be heat treating it is another story. IIRC I've got a couple of sets of Hibben throwing knives which are fine for their intended use. All in all for a useable blade I would look elsewhere.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell