Thread: I am Liking Charles Barkley

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I am Liking Charles Barkley

I don't watch sports so I don't hear from him often, but when I do hear from him he seems to be thoughtful. This thoughtfulness is apparently changing how he views politics. Interesting.

WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley would like to see President Barack Obama act like Jordan’s King Abdullah II when dealing with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, the TNT analyst was asked who he would like to meet today and he answered with the Jordanian king. When asked why, Barkley said it was the actions he took in response to ISIS burning alive captured Jordanian pilot Muath Al-Kaseasbeh on video.
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/...battling-isis/

He goes on to say that he is seriously thinking about voting Republican for the first time in his life. The Republicans he is watching are Governors Bush and Christie, but this is a big deal from a man who says he has always voted Democrat.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I don't watch sports so I don't hear from him often, but when I do hear from him he seems to be thoughtful. This thoughtfulness is apparently changing how he views politics. Interesting.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/...battling-isis/

He goes on to say that he is seriously thinking about voting Republican for the first time in his life. The Republicans he is watching are Governors Bush and Christie, but this is a big deal from a man who says he has always voted Democrat.

Lol I hate to break it to you, Charles, but voting for Bush or Christie is voting democrat.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Lol I hate to break it to you, Charles, but voting for Bush or Christie is voting democrat.
    I'm sure there will be plenty here on this very board bragging about doing just that come November 2016.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E