Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Concede Internet to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    So you agree, unreservedly, no exceptions, the document/regulations approved by the FCC on February 26th 2015, will bear substantively little difference to https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf ?
    The link didn't work there.

And obviously there are exceptions, and I have reservations,..... we know they are changing it into title II, in a way redefining what the internet "is"....but for the sake of argument I'll go ahead and say "True, there will be very little substantial difference"

Link as I copied it didn't work for me as well...just recopied it from your original posting: https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf

Should work now.

One last question and I will make my point.

Would you agree that sometime within the next 6 months to a year as this drama plays out, suits filed, countersuits filed, the actual rules passed by the FCC on February 26th 2015 will be available for comparison with https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf

?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

One last question and I will make my point.

Would you agree that sometime within the next 6 months to a year as this drama plays out, suits filed, countersuits filed, the actual rules passed by the FCC on February 26th 2015 will be available for comparison with https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf

?
    They should be out in the next 3 months I would think.

Gooooood!

I've copied that PDF to a local drive, as well as to a USB memory stick, so there will always be a record of it in that exact format...I would encourage others here to do the same, so that revisionist history on the matter is not possible...

I've also bookmarked this thread so I'll not have to search for it, when the time comes.

Now time for you to put your money where your fucking mouth is...

If the rules passed by the FCC on February 26th 2015, differ substantively and substantially from the previous document you cited ( https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf ) you will agree to log off of Gunsnet, and never post here again!

If the rules passed by the FCC on February 26th 2015, substantively and substantially mirror ( https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf ) I will agree to log off of Gunsnet, and never post here again!

Do you agree?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Do you agree?
    No. I don't.

I have no wish for you to leave the board, nor do I wish to leave the board.

Thanks for totally wasting my time tonight though, I thought you had some point to make, not some silly bet.

And now we understand the true courage of conviction.

For my part, I hereby state that: If the rules passed by the FCC on February 26th 2015, substantively and substantially mirror ( https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf ) I will agree to log off of Gunsnet, and never post here again!

Even without the coward of no convictions agreement...I will stand by my challenge.

The rest of you...it's up to you to determine who here, is a man of honor.

And now we understand the true courage of conviction.

For my part, I hereby state that: If the rules passed by the FCC on February 26th 2015, substantively and substantially mirror ( https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/at...-201A1_Rcd.pdf ) I will agree to log off of Gunsnet, and never post here again!

Even without the coward of no convictions agreement...I will stand by my challenge.

The rest of you...it's up to you to determine who here, is a man of honor.
    That's your choice. I wish you wouldn't. But, whatever.

Seems a bit grade school to me.

Spoken by the 'man' (and I use that term loosely) unable to stand by his assertions and convictions...usually referred to as a weasel.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Whatever is in the 300+ pages of the FCC ruling on the Internet has not been viewed by the public, yet, as the FCC refuses to show it at this time.

If it consists of the same rules and regs as was released years ago, then why do they refuse to allow anyone to see it now?

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/phil-k...rnment-forever
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Exactly...because they're very different from what was posted in the link above...and Kadmos knows it, which is why he won't put his money where his mouth is.

Well, well, well...

The 'have to pass it to see what's in it' FCC net 'lack of neutrality' rules have now been published...and surprise of surprises, they bear no resemblance to the document our dear and most sagacious Kadmos assured us they would.

Here they are: http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...CC-15-24A1.pdf

Note well the many and manifest differences...also that there are 46 references to a Soro's funded group, which should send chills up all (but Kadmos's and Lafty's) spines.

And now that the truth is out, let us all recall who was unwilling to put his money where his mouth is, and who was perfectly willing to do so.

And gee, what do you know...words different, content the same. Open internet, no throttling, no blocking, no paid prioritization.

And of course nothing whatsoever that allows for any kind of content blocking, or restrictions on free speech

Bye bye Oswald, been great knowing you....well, not really "great"...but...ya know

So...you can present two paragraphs, one from each document, referring to the same info/regulation, that are substantially the same?

Please do so...

Eh...never mind...

As soon as my business with 1Pat is concluded, I will log off and leave GN.

Other than PM between he and I, this shall be my last post.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Please don't do this.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Guys, the FCC sided with net neutrality. This is a very good thing.

Republicans were trying to make it so that cable companies and ISPs could charge extra for fast lanes
    Once again, your "entitlement" mindset shows through. Why SHOULDN'T an ISP be able to charge more for a faster pipeline? Sending data through the Internet costs money... it takes actual hardware that actually costs actual money and a certain amount of hardware costs a certain amount of money to the ISP. If I want the premium 100 mbs service that my ISP provides, I expect to pay more than my neighbor who has the basic 15 mbs service.

What would be a "good thing" would be for the fucking government to keep their paws OUT of our business. Whatever they get involved in goes to hell sooner or later... usually sooner.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Some people really do protest too much.
    That's not funny - even with a smiley after it. Since when is there a limit to the AMOUNT of protesting an American can do?

As long as it's not violent, inciting violence or anything else blatantly illegal, Alex Jones has the right to protest 24/7 if he wants to. If you don't like it, start protesting yourself. But don't complain about an American exercising his God given and Constitutionally protected rights!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Alright. Just add another tally mark to your wipe board to make yourself feel better and go heat up a Hot Pocket...

HOLY CRAP!! Where did you find a picture of Lefty?

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The ACLU turns a blind eye and deaf ear to anything to do with the 2nd Amendment. It's really nice how they pick an choose which "liberties" they choose to defend.

Until they stand up for, and defend, gun owners, screw them and the horse they rode in on.

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Web Neutrality, wondering how much like obama-care this will be. If you like your website you can keep your website? That worked well for doctors and health plans.

We need to get the damn government out of our lives as per the constitution. We do not need them telling us how fast download speeds must be, we don't need them telling which light bulbs to buy, or how many gallons of water our toilets can use per flush, or a zillion other areas that they have no business.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast