Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input for Newb's ccw pistol.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Speaking of sub-compact double stack .45's, how about the new XD mod.2 in .45acp?

The XD sub-compact was previously unavailable in .45, so it actually is a new(ish) product.

http://www.kygunco.com/springfield-x...d-pistol-82667
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    You know what, I was actually considering a PPQ a few years ago. I ended up going away from it due to its price and its European-style mag release. Thanks for the reminder Partisan, I shall look into them again.

I don't mind the paddle release but I bought the M2 version which has the button release over a year ago now.

It is amazing to say the least.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I don't mind the paddle release but I bought the M2 version which has the button release over a year ago now.

It is amazing to say the least.
    Dangit, I should have read more closely. I mean the PPS lol. But I have indeed read/heard good things about the PPQ.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

donal123
    thanks for info...

I've handled (but not shot) the M&P Shield and was very impressed all around (slim, feels good in the hand, and has a good trigger). Personally I like the safety on it but I understand why some don't (and it's now an optional feature).

One of my buddies retired his old carry pistol for reasons I can not recall and I told him to try out the Glock 19 if for no other reason than many consider it the perfect CCW pistol and every respectable gun collection should have at least one Glock 19 (or 17). He took my advice and loves it. I should note that he's pretty platform agnostic too, he shoots an XD, M&P and CZ competitively (depending on the class he's shooting).

Addtionally you may find a new Glock to consider very soon. Glock is teasing something new and we might finally have, Gaston-come-lately, a single stack 9mm Glock inbound:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...k-43-revealed/

My pick came in yesterday!

20150316_193908.jpg

Ended up getting it from KyGunCo for a pretty good deal. Sadly I should have ordered a couple 9rd mags at same time, but I thought "I'll wait until tomorrow to order some mags." And of course they sold out . So now trying to find 9 rounders for reasonable price is becoming a PIA.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice!

Even though I have an XDs-9, part of me wants to try the LC9s PRO. I'm thinking it would make a great pocket carry gun.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I used to have an LC-9 and liked it a lot other than the safety. The LC9sPro is on my want list.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    My pick came in yesterday!

20150316_193908.jpg

Ended up getting it from KyGunCo for a pretty good deal. Sadly I should have ordered a couple 9rd mags at same time, but I thought "I'll wait until tomorrow to order some mags." And of course they sold out . So now trying to find 9 rounders for reasonable price is becoming a PIA.
    That should conceal well. Looking forward to read a range report.

My wife carries the LC9S. I've shot it and its a great carry gun. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That should conceal well. Looking forward to read a range report.
    I think so too S-man, though I'm still trying to decide on which holster to go for (leaning towards Alien Gear at the moment), and possibly see if any of my current pants would enable pocket carry without issue. Range report will commence once Momma Bear gives me some time away from newborn son, ornery 2 year old, and more importantly she gets a break! lol

TEN-32

My wife carries the LC9S. I've shot it and its a great carry gun. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Very nice, I think I even showed that model to my wife. I think I'll be happy with it, and I was even able to score some 9rd mags for it.

FunkyPertwee

Nice!

Even though I have an XDs-9, part of me wants to try the LC9s PRO. I'm thinking it would make a great pocket carry gun.
    If it wasn't for the price of LC9s PRO and its great trigger I probably would have went for a 4.0 XDs-9.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12