Thread: H&K P7 M8

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question H&K P7 M8

Anyone have one of these? I've read about them and Ayoob speaks quite highly of it. Not sure I've ever seen more than one, maybe two for sale in a LGS over the last 20+ years.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Kind of rare and I recall they didn't make them for all that long. Should be expensive as hell, a collector piece.

Was reading a thread over on the S&W Forum, reason I started this thread and a guy there just bought one in great shape dated 1985 with box and five mags for $1,800. Another guy said they had one in a LGS for $2,400. Pretty pricey for sure!
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I have one. They are really nice and well made. Because of the price, more of a collector that a EDC. I bought mine used about 10 years ago for $1000, but they've gone way up since then. Neat as hell! I like mine. Every time I take it to the range, I get a lot of friends that want to shoot it. Because of the gas delayed blowback, the frame gets really hot over the trigger-guard after a couple of magazines. They are all steel, except for the grips.

Here's mine:

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice AK-J. I recall seeing these in Shotgun News back in the early 1980's. Wish I could of gotten one back then when they were not so expensive.

One town over the PD had them before switching to G22's. Local FFL made a mint selling them off. The "cock squeezer".

They are awesome designs. I have gotten the chance to shoot a few over the years and they are really cool.

I have always wanted one but never could justify the cost....no if I were rich, that would be a whole 'nother story.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    I have one. They are really nice and well made. Because of the price, more of a collector that a EDC. I bought mine used about 10 years ago for $1000, but they've gone way up since then. Neat as hell! I like mine. Every time I take it to the range, I get a lot of friends that want to shoot it. Because of the gas delayed blowback, the frame gets really hot over the trigger-guard after a couple of magazines. They are all steel, except for the grips.

Here's mine:

Thanks for posting AK-J, that's a real looker. Does the slide actually have a purplish tint to it or is that just the way it looks in the photo? I really like it.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Thanks for posting AK-J, that's a real looker. Does the slide actually have a purplish tint to it or is that just the way it looks in the photo? I really like it.
    Thanks! The slides finish is a little more glossy than the frame, it's a trick of the light.