Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's Dead, Jim.

He's Dead, Jim.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy.
    A real sci-fi icon.
    Sorry about the thread title- had to do it.
    CHOOT UM!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sad to read, but unfortunately life ends that way. Leonard Nimoy left a really nice mark on society, something not everybody gets to do.

RIP to the one who made us really think about what is logical and what is not.

Kirk, Spock, and Bones beam down to this lanet and split up, looking for something.

Then they can't find Spock.

So Kirk saunters around a large styrofoam boulder and finds Bones leaning over a prostrate Spock, who is laying in a pool of green blood.

Bones looks up at Kirk and says "He's dead, Jim. You get his tricorder, I'll get his wallet."

speaking of boulders....

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

"A life is like a garden, Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP".....Nimoy's last tweet

Rest in peace.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

He will be missed. His Star Trek character set the tone of the whole show.

As much as he's referred to in The Big Bang Theory, I wonder if they'll do some kind of tribute to him? It would be nice...

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/l...171803235.html

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/27/81...ng-and-prosper
    Last edited by alismith; 02-27-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    "A life is like a garden, Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP".....Nimoy's last tweet

Rest in peace.
    Wow. That's awesome.

RIP Mr. Spock.

It's weird, while mulling things over coffee this morning, for some reason I got to thinking about the burial scene from Wrath of Kahn
    RIP
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Had he lasted another 4 weeks, he would have turned 84 (3/26/31).
    Shatner turns 84 on 3/22.
    First was Deforest Kelly, then James Doohan. Seven years ago, we lost Majel Barrett. Oddly enough, even though she wasn't on for very long, Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Janice Rand) will turn 85 on April 1.
    A classic show with an extraordinary cast and crew.
    Vaya con Dios, mi amigo!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy.
    A real sci-fi icon.
    Sorry about the thread title- had to do it.
    No problem. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    speaking of boulders....

Arena was a pretty good episode. My favorite though is "The Doomsday Machine". The musical score was THE BEST (IMHO) ever written for a Star Trek episode and William Windom did an awesome job as Commodore Decker... especially his performance when he tries to describe the doomsday machine to Kirk.

Then when they remade some of the scenes with modern CGI, they made it even better. Absolutely my #1 favorite episode.

My least favorite? Those fucking TRIBBLES!!! Why anyone likes that episode is beyond me....
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Me and my brother fought constantly growing up, but we always stopped what we were doing to watch Star Trek whenever it was on.

Spock was his hero.

RIP

We'll always remember you.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    My least favorite? Those fucking TRIBBLES!!! Why anyone likes that episode is beyond me....
    But it had some good quips! Esp. at the end where Kirk is questioning Scotty on what he did with the critters. Scotty said "I beamed them into the Klingon's engine room where they will be no tribble at all !"
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Arena was a pretty good episode. My favorite though is "The Doomsday Machine". The musical score was THE BEST (IMHO) ever written for a Star Trek episode and William Windom did an awesome job as Commodore Decker... especially his performance when he tries to describe the doomsday machine to Kirk.

Then when they remade some of the scenes with modern CGI, they made it even better. Absolutely my #1 favorite episode.

"The Menagerie" was good. I like how they salvaged the pilot episode and made it a two part show with the newer cast
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Troubles with Tribbles..

I still remember that episode , corny but a break from the norm.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Oh the drugs from back in the day. . .

US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

The Tribbles episode was awesome...both for the quips (as mentioned) as well as the cat and mouse between the federation and klingons.

The "Deep Throat Nine" episode where they interjected later Trek characters into that episode was freakin' genius!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

The Devil in the Dark is my favorite 1st season episode. Nimoy's Sock character doing the mind meld with the creature set a benchmark for that skill in the series.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    All Our Yesterdays

No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

My most memorable spock episodes were when they removed his brain, and the one when a flying pizza landed on his back and took him over or something.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast