Thread: Authorities "Stealing" Guns

Authorities "Stealing" Guns

In yet another example of the "creeping incrementalism" we have endured for years, this show how the government can (and does) pull the rug out from under us by changing the law "after the fact". This way, they get to make what was legal, "illegal" so they can confiscate it.
    CA Cops Take Guns From More Citizens
    "Left coast" continues stealing guns from your fellow Americans

Long Beach, CA –The Long Beach Police Department (LBPA) released a statement earlier this month boasting that they’d taken 55 guns and arrested 30 citizens in a “Prohibited Possessor Operation.”

Citing the erroneous belief that such confiscation helps “in keeping Long Beach safe,” LBPD described the operation as “time-consuming,” and said they’d served 10 search warrants and 86 “probation searches” and “assisted with 42 DOJ searches.” (These latter are apparently warrant-less searches, which violate the Fourth Amendment.)

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/11/19...guns-citizens/
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Registration = Confiscation.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

The article only cites one example of the man who's wife checked herself in for treatment. What about all the others, felons in position? Parolees in position? When they use terms like "apparently warrant-less" that to me reads "assumption". Either it was or it wasn't. Anyone have a source with more detailed information? Given it's California anything is possible but the way the article is written it really doesn't provide any detail to support the "opinion" as stated by the author.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell