Thread: ATTN customer of CDNN in IL!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

ATTN customer of CDNN in IL!

I just found out this morning, after placing a decent order yesterday, that CDNN Investements will NOT ship ammo to you unless it's sent to an FFL. I just tried a dry run and once again I didn't see anything on their site to that affect. Heck, my order went all the way through for crying out loud. Not even a stipulation that eligible IL customers need to send a copy of DL and FOID to them.

Doubtful I'll be ordering anything from them in the future unless they change this policy. Maybe I should be emailing all the receipts of ammo buys I've done with PSA, AIM surplus, SG Ammo, etc. I've done in the last few months.

Oh well, their loss.

UPDATE: CDNN responded to my email asking WTH. They just copied and pasted a section of their 'Product Restriction' page that is found by clicking their tiny link under store links, under policies. To add insult to injury they'll ship ammo to CA as long as it's not to San Fran, LA, or Sacramento. But if you live in IL and outside of Shitcago and affected counties it's still no go. I can only guess they don't want to deal with FOID card submissions or whatev.
    Last edited by NewbieAKguy; 03-03-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sucks to live in Illinois. Which is why I don't live there.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I guess they don't want to risk their business because of the potential lawsuits. I wouldn't blame them for the way the laws are written in your state, they're just looking out for their best interests.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I guess they don't want to risk their business because of the potential lawsuits. I wouldn't blame them for the way the laws are written in your state, they're just looking out for their best interests.
    Which potential lawsuits would those be? I buy ammo from PSA, Aim Surplus, ammotogo, the-armory, etc., each and every one of them not in IL. Each one of them is ok with me submitting my DL/FOID via fax or email. Would CDNN be risking any more or less than them? These other places note that they won't ship to Shitcago and the counties it's in.

I'm sorry, but that's bs to only ship ammo via a ffl in IL. But they'll ship to CA, which now mandates stores registering ammo sales over certain round count correct?.......as long as it's not San Fran, Sacramento, or LA. Because CA is better gun-wise than IL? I'd beg to differ big time. Heck at least we're working on repealing FOID cards (I still say lawsuit to declare unconstitutional) and suppressor legislation is being submitted.

Sigh, whatev. Their right as a business to do so just as it's a right for me not to spend money there.

Rant off, lol.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    Which potential lawsuits would those be? I buy ammo from PSA, Aim Surplus, ammotogo, the-armory, etc., each and every one of them not in IL. Each one of them is ok with me submitting my DL/FOID via fax or email. Would CDNN be risking any more or less than them? These other places note that they won't ship to Shitcago and the counties it's in.

I'm sorry, but that's bs to only ship ammo via a ffl in IL. But they'll ship to CA, which now mandates stores registering ammo sales over certain round count correct?.......as long as it's not San Fran, Sacramento, or LA. Because CA is better gun-wise than IL? I'd beg to differ big time. Heck at least we're working on repealing FOID cards (I still say lawsuit to declare unconstitutional) and suppressor legislation is being submitted.

Sigh, whatev. Their right as a business to do so just as it's a right for me not to spend money there.

Rant off, lol.
    You'd have to ask CDNN. I'm just saying they probably decided it wasn't worth the potential hassle/liability. As far as you spending your money else where goes that's the best thing you can do. Hopefully your state laws won't get worse so that other companies start doing the same thing.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    You'd have to ask CDNN. I'm just saying they probably decided it wasn't worth the potential hassle/liability. As far as you spending your money else where goes that's the best thing you can do. Hopefully your state laws won't get worse so that other companies start doing the same thing.
    I did, and from what I can tell it's just having to deal with FOID cards in general. To double cover their ass (I guess?) they want every ammo shipment to IL to involve a FFL. To be honest state laws regarding ammo and firearms aren't ridiculous, please see CA and NJ for pete's sake. As I said, I just don't get why they don't do what other places do and accept FOID/dl info. CDNN is the only place I've ordered, or tried to order ammo from, that has this policy. Like I said before I buy ammo from PSA, AIM, etc. with no problems whatsoever. And as far as state laws going, the momentum is on our side; legislation submitted to repeal FOID law, expand ccw allowed areas, and even suppressors!

I know you're just trying to see things from their POV, RS. And I do too, but their limiting of ammo sales to IL is self inflicted, not state of IL inflicted (outside of just getting FOID info).