Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secretary Clinton's E-mail Account

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Secretary Clinton's E-mail Account

I have started seeing reports that Secretary Clinton maintained a separate e-mail account while she was Secretary that was used for work. This e-mail was not on a government server but on a server in her home. Her work account would be subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests with no search warrant needed. If she was using this home e-mail server to do work would this mean that in order to see what she was doing a search warrant would be required, in essence voiding the FOIA process?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

She and her aids broke multiple laws doing this, but then with the Klintons, laws are for the little people...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It happened a long time ago, what does it matter now?

I wouldn't think so. I would think that even though it was hers the e-mails belong to the .gov.
    BUT it does make Bengazi a lot thicker and more juicy. As far as what does it matter?
    right now who knows with the way this admin. works.
    but I do love to see that sanctimonious bitch sweat.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

This came to light because she got hacked. The hackers say that her archive settings were set to zero as in no archiving. Just typical Klinton criminality. Both her and Bill should be in a Maximum Security Fed Prison. Obama should be in the next cell.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    It happened a long time ago, what does it matter now?
    It is just one more example of why a sensible person would not want Hillary Klinton to be elected President.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    ...and it won't make a fucking bit of difference. The political class are untouchable. You boys are not... Bow to your masters...
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    It is just one more example of why a sensible person would not want Hillary Klinton to be elected President.
    Agreed but unfortunately sensibility in this country is pretty much not in existence by the current majority.

Notice that none of this ever goes to court. If it did it would set a precedent and therefore also work for the little man in cases where hundreds of thousands of dollars WREN'T involved.

BISHOP

where did you see she was hacked? I hadn't
    heard that until now.

ok jjust heard it on cam & co. sounds like she set it up for flash paper.
    Last edited by l921428x; 03-04-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

The Clintons have a history of hiding official emails. A quote from Wikipedia to consider with respect to Clinton White House email - "During an examination of campaign finance irregularities of the 1996 presidential campaign, investigators discovered that thousands of subpoenaed federal email messages were missing due to an unspecified computer error."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Callahan
    Last edited by jet3534; 03-05-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    ...and it won't make a fucking bit of difference. The political class are untouchable. You boys are not... Bow to your masters...
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

There are them, and us...and we don't fucking matter.

Until we start to vote with the only box left.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

It is to laugh;

Hillary Clinton says she's asked State Department to make emails public
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...emails-public/

A question, who do you suppose is more inherently evil, Hillary or Barack?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Hillary's dreams of being Madame President are rapidly evaporating.

Who is waiting in the wings for the dems?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Hillary's dreams of being Madame President are rapidly evaporating.

Who is waiting in the wings for the dems?
    "President Biden, the senator's lovely daughter is here to see you..."
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Hillary Clinton's State Department ousted ambassador to Kenya after he set up private email system in embassy BATHROOM
    Retired Air Force General Scott Gration was US ambassador to Kenya
    Forced to resign in 2012 after a scathing performance report
    Used unauthorized private email address to conduct 'sensitive' government business through a private Internet connection in his office bathroom
    Hillary Clinton is now under fire for exclusively using a private email address hosted on her own server while in the Obama administration
    Gration served under Clinton when she was secretary of state

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...i-embassy.html

All this has been interesting but my question still remains. Since it was a private e-mail server at her house does this fall outside the bounds of a FIOA request? To get any e-mail off that server do we now need a warrant?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    All this has been interesting but my question still remains. Since it was a private e-mail server at her house does this fall outside the bounds of a FIOA request? To get any e-mail off that server do we now need a warrant?
    Its an interesting legal dilemma. FOIA only applies to the government documents/files/recordings, etc. Is her private email server "private"? If used for her .gov work, arguably not. The third option is subpoena. This is probably the preferable method of access.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Its an interesting legal dilemma. FOIA only applies to the government documents/files/recordings, etc. Is her private email server "private"? If used for her .gov work, arguably not. The third option is subpoena. This is probably the preferable method of access.
    A subpoena is still "voluntary" though, right? I mean that the subpoena tells someone what they must turn over but there is no one making sure that what was requested is really turned over. With a FIOA request someone outside the organization supervises the retrieval of the information, still from the government but it is still someone making sure the FOIA request is honored, and because it is a government system it can be verified later that the FOIA was honored. With a search warrant the information is forcibly retrieved. I don't trust Clinton to release the information based on history (oh, here are those Whitewater files, right on the coffee table) and I think because her server is private, even though it was for government business, is not going to be turned over without a search warrant. I wouldn't be surprised if it is turned over wiped or totally destroyed.

NRA Endowment Member

Not exactly. A FOIA is probably the weakest method of compelling disclosure. It allows the .gov to redact prior to release. A search warrant is a powerful tool, but it must involve an affiant swearing to facts that establish probable cause in front of a judge. Not a likely scenario in this case since DOJ will likely decline to prosecute Hillary. Subpoena is not a discretionary thing. You cannot opt out. It compels your presence/testimony and/or production of documents. It is likely the best tool available to investigators at this point (Trey Gowdy). If Hillary produces emails under subpoena and it is later learned that she held back incriminating emails on Benghazi for example, she could be prosecuted for those omissions and the case for a cover-up is furthered. I'm not an attorney and may be wrong, but thats how I interpret the situation. Any lawyers here care to chime in...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast