Thread: Vaccine fun!

Vaccine fun!

Malcolm Brabant's face – round, ruddy, full-featured, and crowned by a bald dome – is immediately recognisable. For 30 years he has been an award-winning member of the BBC’s team of foreign correspondents, bringing wars, natural disasters, political stand-offs and occasionally something a bit more cheerful into our living rooms on the evening news.

If the countenance is familiar, though, his current location isn’t. His usual on-screen sign-off is ringing in my ears — “Malcolm Brabant, BBC News, Athens” – but today he is welcoming me into his home in Copenhagen.
    He is, he explains, currently living in exile from the Greek capital, and thereby “missing one the biggest news stories of my career”. The reason is the biggest personal story of Brabant’s 58 years. As he puts it with what I quickly learn is characteristic bluntness: “I went bonkers.”

In April 2011, he attended an Athens clinic for a routine vaccination against yellow fever before an assignment in the Ivory Coast. As well as reporting from Athens, he has also travelled the globe to cover international stories, winning a coveted Sony award in 1993 for his reporting from a besieged Sarajevo at the height of the Bosnian crisis.
    His reaction to the vaccine, however, was anything but routine. “It fried my brain,” he states simply. Overnight a previously sane man developed severe psychosis. An agnostic, Brabant became so convinced he was the Messiah that he telephoned his bemused fellow correspondent, Allan Little, to appoint him “first disciple” and ask him to record his words of wisdom.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...o-madness.html

remember to take your shots!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Assuming it had anything to do with the shot, which is a big assumption, the sad thing is if he had had the shot years before, during his long travel career, it likely would not have been a problem.

The vast majority of issues with that particular vaccine are in very young people (infants) or for people over 60. While he wasn't over 60, the higher risk is as you get older, it's not like 60 is a magic number when suddenly there is a risk, but it gets higher as you age.

If you think you might travel to Africa at some point, it's far better to get that shot before you turn 40. 20's or 30's is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    While he wasn't over 60, the higher risk is as you get older,
    You may have something there Kadmos

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/miss...fected-animal/
    Silver Creek | A Missouri pig farmer lies in critical condition at Joplin’s Mercy Hospital after contracting an extremely rare and life-threatening strand of pig influenza, commonly known as swine flu.

The 76-year old man who runs a third generation pig farm in the small community of 623 people has fallen victim to swine flu 19 times in the past 6 years, numbers that led doctors to investigate into the man’s personal habits.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    You may have something there Kadmos

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/miss...fected-animal/
    Silver Creek | A Missouri pig farmer lies in critical condition at Joplin’s Mercy Hospital after contracting an extremely rare and life-threatening strand of pig influenza, commonly known as swine flu.

The 76-year old man who runs a third generation pig farm in the small community of 623 people has fallen victim to swine flu 19 times in the past 6 years, numbers that led doctors to investigate into the man’s personal habits.
    In an odd way, that's sort of impressive.

From the time he was 70 until now, he got swine flu 19 times, but apparently couldn't stop fucking those pigs.

It's fake though just got burned on the bomb thread
    Oh well I'm an idiot
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    It's fake though just got burned on the bomb thread
    Oh well I'm an idiot
    that's awesome! Totally had me on that one!

I was thinking that was one lonely, horny ole pig fucker.