Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Could Be A Game Changer!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

The ATF also jumped the gun on the proposed changes to Trusts by publishing the "Responsible Person" information sheet. It was taken down within a day.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

The ATF thought they were going to quietly ban M855 without opposition like they did the 7N6 5.45x39.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

i have a theory...

Since the MIl. is going with "green" bullets and M855 is no longer going to be made. somebody somewhere found one quick way to sell it all off in a hurry.

just a thought I've had. what goods a 'ban' if theres none to buy???????????
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Please be advised that ATF has not rescinded any Armor Piercing Ammunition exemption, and the fact they are not listed in the 2014 online edition of the regulations, was an error, which has no legal impact on the validity of the exemptions. The existing exemptions for armor piercing ammunition, which apply to
    5.56 mm (.223) SS 109 and M855 projectiles (identified by a green coating on the projectile tip), and the U.S .30-06 M2AP projectile (identified by a black coating on the projectile tip), remain in effect.
    ATF claims they made a publishing mistake. We'll find out .... soon. The uproar over banning M855 is huge. If they really do, I wish this would be the match that starts the 2nd American Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not yet .. it's still cold out .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Can any of us make a similar mistake, like maybe cutting a shotgun to fractions of an inch less than the legal limit and simply apologize on some blog, or would we need to have our wife shot in the face by some dbag FBI sniper...as punishment
    Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    not yet .. it's still cold out .
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    ATF claims they made a publishing mistake. We'll find out .... soon. The uproar over banning M855 is huge. If they really do, I wish this would be the match that starts the 2nd American Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We need to thank the NRA and the shooting public who harassed the ATF and their representatives;

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...osed-ammo-ban/

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    According to the paper published on the AT and unconstitutional F website, depending on how you read the paper, it is already banned and they are just asking for help in figuring out how to implement it. Like they don't already know. Or you can read it that they want to ban it but don't know how and are asking for our help in hanging ourselves.

Read here:

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fil...g_purposes.pdf

Best way to implement the ban would be for no one to comply wait for the ATF to bust someone and then take it to court and get the whole thing thrown out.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I think this goes to show that ATF had already decided to ban the M855 ammo and were just waiting for the comment period to be done. They did not expect the uproar and are now trying to back pedal.

308, to answer your question, no. Just like if I underpay my taxes they are johnnie on the spot to let me know and to collect, with interest, but if they take too much tax, I have to tell them and then, sometime in the future, I will get paid back but no interest will be included. We do not fall under the same rules and consequences.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    ...I wish this would be the match that starts the 2nd American Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Third actually.

We lost the second one.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^Fair point.
    In all seriousness though, where was all this much needed fucking support when it was needed to preserve importation of good AK 7.62 and 5.45 surplus ammo you cunts!? I get it, the AK doesn't have as good of an image as an 'American as Apple Pie' AR15, even in gun nut circles, but these rounds, as well as the rifles that fire them are just as protected under the second amendment as an AR15 or a good ol' Winchester or Henry rifle. I'm really fucking ashamed that the NRA and more gun rights advocates did not make this stink over commie milsurp x39 rounds!
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    ^Fair point.
    In all seriousness though, where was all this much needed fucking support when it was needed to preserve importation of good AK 7.62 and 5.45 surplus ammo you cunts!? I get it, the AK doesn't have as good of an image as an 'American as Apple Pie' AR15, even in gun nut circles, but these rounds, as well as the rifles that fire them are just as protected under the second amendment as an AR15 or a good ol' Winchester or Henry rifle. I'm really fucking ashamed that the NRA and more gun rights advocates did not make this stink over commie milsurp x39 rounds!
    I didn't know this happened. I don't own a firearm in those calibers and the supply seemed constant from visiting ammo sites. When did this happen? I would have been just as outraged had I known.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

I believe he is talking about the 7n9 surplus 5.45 with the mild steel core in the bullets, I heard the same about the surplus 7.62x39 but i dont know when that happened

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

7n6 5.45 was banned last July I believe.

Steel core 7.62x39 was banned in like 1989. I'm sure Scheutz and NUT will remember the exact date.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^Winner.

I mean really, these rounds were mild steel core and the 7n6 5.45 even had a hollow nose cone, far from suitable to be armor piercing. Add also, they were rifle ammunition, not pistol ammunition, as such they will obviously not be stopped by soft boy armor worn by LEO's. I fail to see why some guys making pistols designed to shoot rifle ammunition somehow now qualifies the rounds as armor piercing pistol ammo because of a mild steel core (or in the case of M855 a small steel penetrator at the tip of a lead core). Either way, lead core or otherwise, a soft body armor vest made to stop buck shot and lower velocity pistol rounds is not going to be effective against these calibers period. How long before the BATFE takes the position that because of this, these calibers are to be banned period due to people making "pistols" designed to fire such ammo thus qualifying the ammo to be AP pistol rounds? There went your SHTF ammo and rifles my friends.

This should have been stopped from the get go. But hey, it was just 7.62x39, right? Only gangsters, communists and poor people shoot that shit. That's ok right? Not much bitching was done. Then some dumbasses full well knowing what happens to milsurp ammo when pistols are made to fire those kind of rounds thought it would be ok to make an AKS74U "pistol" to fire 5.45x39. A little ways down the road, the ATF decided to fix a problem that didn't exist: cops body armor being defeated by "armor piercing" AK74 "pistol" ammunition. There went that supply. Just a little bitching and moaning was done, primarily by AK74 owners and those who wanted to be. No more cheap accurate military surplus 5.45. But hell, only commies and poor people shoot AK's, these rifles aren't fit to be on this wonderful U.S. soil. So the ATF got bolder. Now they went for the AR15. The hottest, trendiest, most popular gun in the U.S. today. NOW it's a problem. NOW the NRA is willing to fight. Now congressmen are even willing to bitch on our behalf.

While on the whole we can agree firearms laws in most of the country are generally getting better (though far from perfect) despite the liberal media and the fucking Oblahma administration, it's not over. They will take when and where they can. This is why I'm pissed the outcry didn't begin sooner so it may have never come to this. It's crucial we do not budge one damned millionth of an inch, but here we are, because they finally targeted "America's rifle". Everyone should have known it would come to this eventually!
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    ^Winner.

How long before the BATFE takes the position that because of this, these calibers are to be banned period due to people making "pistols" designed to fire such ammo thus qualifying the ammo to be AP pistol rounds? There went your SHTF ammo and rifles my friends.
    Even as complacent and sheepish as the American public has been, I can't see that going without a very negative and violent response. That would involve about 150 million hunters who have been henceforth, mostly untouched. It would be a shock that would awaken the sleeping giant.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    7n6 5.45 was banned last July I believe.

Steel core 7.62x39 was banned in like 1989. I'm sure Scheutz and NUT will remember the exact date.
    Steel core 7.62X39 was banned by BATFE thanks to Olympic Firearms building an AR pistol chambered in that round. The year was 1994, the same year as Clinton's Assault Weapon Ban. I was on 01 FFL license holder then and received the letter from BATF (their name then).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast