Thread: Rinos in Iowa

Rinos in Iowa

"Immigrants that are here need to have a path to legalized status," Bush said. "No one I know has a plan to round up illegal immigrants and send them back."

Graham, who helped craft bipartisan immigration legislation that passed the Senate in 2013 but died in the House, said he favored letting some of the estimated 11 million immigrants living in the country illegally stay, if they met certain conditions, like learning English and paying taxes.

"We need a rational solution to the 11 million, because no Democrat is going to give us everything we want without getting something," the South Carolina Republican said. "But they'll agree with me that crooks are not welcome to stay."
    http://news.yahoo.com/republican-pre...-finance.html#

meanwhile back in Texas....
    HOUSTON (AP) — A coalition of states suing to stop President Barack Obama's executive action on immigration alleges the government misled a judge about not implementing part of the plan before the judge temporarily halted it.

The allegation comes after the Justice Department said in court documents this week that federal officials had given 100,000 people three-year reprieves from deportation and granted them work permits under a program that protects young immigrants from deportation if they were brought to the U.S. illegally as children.

Justice Department attorneys had previously said federal officials wouldn't accept requests under an expansion of the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, known as DACA, until Feb. 18.

The federal government's immigration actions regarding DACA as well as a program that would extend deportation protections to parents of U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have been in the country for some years, were put on hold on Feb. 16 by U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen in Brownsville, Texas. Justice Department attorneys have asked Hanen to lift his hold while they appeal the ruling to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans. Hanen has not made a decision on that request.

Obama's action, first proposed in November, could spare from deportation as many as 5 million people who are in the U.S. illegally. Many Republicans strongly oppose his action and 26 states, most of them led by Republicans, sought to block the Obama orders as unconstitutional.
    http://news.yahoo.com/states-obama-a...-politics.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

#futurebrownvotersmatter

Moving from northern WI to AZ has opened my eyes, I don't feel threatened but I feel as if my kids will have it real rough.

Thinking of getting my 7 and 8 year old boys a Spanish tutor.
    FBHO

I know people who moved from there back to America.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

we don't have to round them up. we didn't ask them to come here. we shouldn't have to pay to send them back. enforce the laws we have. we need to get rid of the things that draw them here. free stuff for instance. the ones we catch need to be sent home. we need to stop giving anchor babies citizenship. build the damned fence. prosecute employers who hire them.

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    prosecute employers who hire them.
    Over the Chamber of Commerce's dead body.

Why do you think so many Establishment Republicans are so ambivalent on this issue? You got the populist wing saying "Send them all home!" and then you got the business wing saying "Let them all stay!"

Well, my friend, when push comes to shove, money talks and bullshit walks... which is why there was never going to any meaningful resistance to Obama's executive amnesty. Not by this Congress. Not with the CoC running things in the GOP.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Over the Chamber of Commerce's dead body.

Why do you think so many Establishment Republicans are so ambivalent on this issue? You got the populist wing saying "Send them all home!" and then you got the business wing saying "Let them all stay!"

Well, my friend, when push comes to shove, money talks and bullshit walks... which is why there was never going to any meaningful resistance to Obama's executive amnesty. Not by this Congress. Not with the CoC running things in the GOP.
    A friend of mine yesterday told me about a guy he's thinking of hiring an illegal as a block layer. The prospective hire works at a local Chinese place, his hours are 10am to 10pm 6 days a week. He gets $400 a week for this. No benefits, no taxes, no soc sec. That's just one guy trying to take care of his family. When a illegal gets hurt on the job, hey he's illegal, so sorry you get nothing for the lost hand or finger or worse. This is exploitation of the proletariat of the worst kind, and libs are the reason it takes place as they enable it and demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    When a illegal gets hurt on the job, hey he's illegal, so sorry you get nothing for the lost hand or finger or worse. This is exploitation of the proletariat of the worst kind, and libs are the reason it takes place as they enable it and demand it.
    Actually, "the libs" want to grant them amnesty and give them full protections of citizenship including a right to a minimum wage income, 40-hour work weeks (else overtime pay), and safe working conditions, at least.

It's the mainstream Republican Party who want to perpetuate the status quo, of maintaining a permanent underclass of cheap migrant labor for big agri-business (especially) to exploit and not have to pay any taxes on.

Follow the money...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

and don't forget all those future demorat voters.