Thread: Timney Drop In AR15 Trigger

Timney Drop In AR15 Trigger

I am getting ready to order one. My question is should I order the 3 pound or the 4 pound trigger? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

4.5 lbs. is spec for a Service Rifle competition AR15 rifle. Is this going to be a match gun, a Shit hits the Fan Gun or just an informal plinker rifle? If you ever planed to carry it and use it to hunt or defend yourself with I'd go with the heavier trigger. Adrenaline will make the trigger pull seem very light.

The gun in question is more or less an informal plinking rifle, but I guess one that could be used in self defense as I have the Crimson Arms front grip light/laser mounted as well as a scope. It sounds like I should go with the 4 pound trigger. IMHO, one of the best triggers on any of my rifles is a Red Star Arms trigger I put on a WASR-10.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I'd say the 4 pound. My uncle puts the 4 pound Timney in every AR he builds and loves the hell out of them. I've shot them and they feel great but I'm not made of money and would rather just practice with the trigger I have and spend that money on Ammunition. Keep your "milspec" trigger group though, if your aftermarket trigger ever breaks/ fails it's good to have a backup ready.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".