Thread: Freind gets beat by an anti gunner

Freind gets beat by an anti gunner

http://bearingarms.com/anti-gun-oreg...hts-supporter/

Worked with this guy at anti gun rallys in the past. It is his passion to stop the liberal encroachments

William Saunderson runs the popular YouTube channel Laughing At Liberals, where he pokes fun at the hypocrisy of leftists in general and the clueless rants of gun control supporters in specific.

He posted this video only yesterday.

Saunderson presumably posted the video at some point before he was allegedly attacked and robbed by documentary filmmaker Skye Fitzgerald, after Saunderson allegedly caught Fitzgerald in a lie on camera, according to The Common Truth (our bold below):

The two were meeting at a local Gresham restaurant to discuss a preview of the film being pitched by Fitzgerald and seen by Saunderson. Saunderson was upset that the film which had been touted for his input as neutral, was in fact, anti-gun biased.

The film trailer and appeal for funding was placed on Indiegogo but has since been removed. The film content however is accurately described in the link here – OREGON DIVIDE

Details of the entire meeting and attack are included below by the eyewitness, Chris Cochran so we will not repeat them here. We will comment however; this brutal attack is just a sample of what we in the pro-gun movement has said all along. Gun owners seem to show more responsibility and restraint, while the anti-gun movement has repeatedly shown a violent streak.

The victim of this latest attack, Mr. Saunderson, is currently undergoing surgery on his left arm which was seriously (and potentially permanently) injured. His upper arm is broken in 3 places with the ball broken completely off and shoulder dislocated. The doctor says he will be lucky if he recovers 80% use.

We have no way of confirming the extent of Mr. Saunderson’s injuries as reported above, but we can report that he was transported to a hospital in the area for treatment by a private vehicle according to Gresham police.

We can also confirm that anti-violence producer/filmmaker Skye Fitzgerald turned himself in to a neighboring law enforcement organization after the attack, which was witnessed by numerous people. Based upon those accounts, Fitzgerald has been charged with felony robbery, misdemeanor theft, and misdemeanor assault. If the injuries to Mr. Saunderson are as severe as The Common Truth suggests, then it seems possible that the assault charge may be upgraded by prosecutors.

Fitzgerald is attempting a novel defense of his actions.

[We should probably note that the three people that Fitzgerald turned to on Twitter for help after attacking Saunderson are two rabidly anti-gun Oregon Democrats and a lobbyist for Michael Bloonmberg.]

I asked Gresham Police directly about this claim. There was no evidence whatsoever that there were any firearms at the scene, concealed or otherwise, on the persons of the victim or any of the witnesses.

Fitzgerald appears to have become upset that he was caught in a lie, and that his reaction was being (legally) recorded. He then allegedly attacked Saunderson both inside and outside the restaurant, and stole two cameras, then attempted to excuse his behavior with yet another apparent lie.

It is not known at this time if Fitzgerald destroyed or erased the film in these cameras before turning them in to authorities.

Last edited by PROBASCO; 03-11-2015 at 08:32 PM.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I hope he makes a speedy recovery!

BTW, the link in your post goes to a news story about a train wreck. Here is a link to your friend's story:
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

thanks, link fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    I hope he makes a speedy recovery!

BTW, the link in your post goes to a news story about a train wreck. Here is a link to your friend's story:

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

A shame your buddy didn't shoot the prick dead.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I would love to know what the lie was that he was caught in.

If this went down as described I would hope that Mr. Saunderson is able to sue Mr. Fitzgerald to prevent him from making another anti-gun movie.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I would love to know what the lie was that he was caught in.

If this went down as described I would hope that Mr. Saunderson is able to sue Mr. Fitzgerald to prevent him from making another anti-gun movie.
    From how I read it, I thought the lie was that Mr. Saunderson tried to pull/threaten Mr. Fitzgerald with a gun. That was the reason Mr. Fitzgerald gave to the police for attacking Mr. Saunderson. The police said no firearm was recovered from either the scene or Mr. Saunderson's person.

The article is not well written, I can't tell if he caught him on camera lying about his film, or if the video taped the assualt and caught the above lie.
    Last edited by Hatedbysheeple; 03-12-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Anti 2nd folks should have a sign in their yard stating 2nd amendment free zone. So criminals could more safely ply their trade.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    We can also confirm that anti-violence producer/filmmaker Skye Fitzgerald turned himself in to a neighboring law enforcement organization after the attack, which was witnessed by numerous people. Based upon those accounts, Fitzgerald has been charged with felony robbery, misdemeanor theft, and misdemeanor assault. If the injuries to Mr. Saunderson are as severe as The Common Truth suggests, then it seems possible that the assault charge may be upgraded by prosecutors.

OK... he puts the guy in the hospital... his arm is severely damaged... MAY regain 80% use of his arm and the attacker is only charged with MISDEMEANOR assault??

Seriously?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    From how I read it, I thought the lie was that Mr. Saunderson tried to pull/threaten Mr. Fitzgerald with a gun. That was the reason Mr. Fitzgerald gave to the police for attacking Mr. Saunderson. The police said no firearm was recovered from either the scene or Mr. Saunderson's person.

The article is not well written, I can't tell if he caught him on camera lying about his film, or if the video taped the assualt and caught the above lie.
    I agree the article was not well written. I think there was a lie that Mr. Fitzgerald told that he was caught in that had to do with the latest documentary he produced. Then there was a second lie, as you describe, about why Mr. Fitzgerald attacked Mr. Saunderson, but it is sort of hard to tell. If we are correct then Mr. Fitzgerald should not be believed, ever.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    OK... he puts the guy in the hospital... his arm is severely damaged... MAY regain 80% use of his arm and the attacker is only charged with MISDEMEANOR assault??

Seriously?
    I thought something similar, but many people go to the hospital "just to get checked out." I would expect the charges will be upgraded to felonies.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I thought something similar, but many people go to the hospital "just to get checked out." I would expect the charges will be upgraded to felonies.
    I would hope so, or something is seriously wrong with the prosecutor.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    A shame your buddy didn't shoot the prick dead.
    Actually the opposite. Better to be the martyr than to play into the grabbers narrative.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    Actually the opposite. Better to be the martyr than to play into the grabbers narrative.
    Wow.

Good luck with all that.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    Better to retain full use of your limbs. Playing into their narrative will be forgotten soon enough, disability is for the rest of your life.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Better to retain full use of your limbs. Playing into their narrative will be forgotten soon enough, disability is for the rest of your life.
    This.

donal123
    thanks for info..

From this fiasco, it's a good time to remind everybody that the libs and antis are NOT to be trusted. Their "for me but not thee" attitudes make them believe they can do whatever they want to us and be "exempted" from repercussions.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”