Thread: Vehicle mileage tax?

Vehicle mileage tax?

The United Nations Agenda 21 policies prides themselves in embracing the Green Agenda which includes getting people out of their cars.

In another defeat for humanity and liberty and another victory for the globalist Agenda 21 policies, Oregon has become the first state to implement a vehicle mileage tax (VMT) whereby a motorist is taxed by the number of miles that they drive rather than the amount of gasoline used.
    A little widget plugs into the Onboard Diagnostics (OBD) port that all cars manufactured since the middle of the 1990’s. The device subsequently plugs into your car’s computer, where the data about your mileage. However, this is just the beginning for the “big brotherism” as the system is also capable of monitoring your speed, rate of acceleration or whether you are being a good citizen by wearing a seatbelt. Oregon and their VMT is merely a beta test and will serve as a means to extract more money from its citizens and to begin to implement increasingly punitive Agenda 21 policies.
    http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/20...or-globalists/

"Oregon State Highway Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT)

Introduction
    Oregon State Highway VMT
    Oregon State Highway VMT by County
    Introduction
    Vehicle Miles of Travel (VMT) is the sum of distances traveled by all motor vehicles in a specified system of highways for a given period of time.

The VMT for each road section is calculated by multiplying the average daily traffic (ADT) by the length of the road section and the length of the time period. Those section VMTs are summed to calculate the VMT for a road or road system.

The VMT is used to determine the amount of use that a highway or system of highways receives over a given period of time. The VMTs supplied here are annual vehicle miles traveled for Oregon ´s state highway system."
    http://www.oregon.gov/odot/td/tdata/...m/vmtpage.aspx

WTF is this shit?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

new way to tax electric cars and you for something. old news. well the thought is old now they have the tech to do it. viola!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    new way to tax electric cars and you for something. old news. well the thought is old now they have the tech to do it. viola!
    Yup...be a greenie..buy a prius...now pay the gas tax you hoped to save on by being a greenie...you stupid god damned dirty stinking hippie...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

My commute is 38 miles one way. I will lose out on that one.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Another good reason to stick with older vehicles if you're mechanically-inclined. My daily driver is a 1992 Jeep Cherokee that is about to turn 400,000 miles. Manual transmission, crank windows, steel bumpers, no airbags, no ABS, no electronic garbage, steel "headliner", no carpet, and best of all, no OBD port. If I didn't have to worry about constantly repairing rust I'd keep the thing forever.

The value of pre-1996 vehicles just went up in Ore-gone.
    Last edited by skorpion; 03-13-2015 at 07:27 AM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003