Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This Place Smells A Lot Better

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    There's a difference between having a differing opinion that leads to good conversation, even heated conversation vs outright trolling. Lagc was simply trolling. Kadmos showed his true colors in the thread about the missing girl. Trolls aren't worth keeping around.
    Nice work on cleaning out the gutters.
    See what happens when you check back in w/ your old amigos & voice your opinion, lol.

I feel so good right now I think I'm going to contribute some $$$ to the new & improved Gunsnet. I might just do that this very day...

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

They won't be missed by me. A good rational argument is OK once in awhile, but every single thread is over the top.

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

I realize I'm the new guy, but, yeah...the missing girl thread deserves permaban status.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    I realize I'm the new guy, but, yeah...the missing girl thread deserves permaban status.

If it were just one isolated incident I don't think anyone would all that upset but it was a constant and persitent effort to disrupt and hijack threads and cause trouble whever and however possible.

At some point troublemakers who don't belong need to be shown the door. The more chances you give them the farther they push it the next time.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    I agree with you 100 percent. That was totally uncalled for. I was worried there for awhile, at first I thought Tom Hanks was banned.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    If it were just one isolated incident I don't think anyone would all that upset but it was a constant and persitent effort to disrupt and hijack threads and cause trouble whever and however possible.

At some point troublemakers who don't belong need to be shown the door. The more chances you give them the farther they push it the next time.
    BAM !

Granted some sites go over the top but the round table here is very fair.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Thank you, Shuetz! A huge thanks to you and everyone else involved in swinging the gavel. A large smile spread across my face this morning while I was reading a thread and saw "Banned" under LAGCs name. The smile became even broader when I saw the same status under Kadamos. Those two had driven away quite a few old-time members here.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Just re-upped my membership status after a 2-year hiatus. Yes.

Good work Shuetz.

Trouble makers are gone, and Mark Ducati is back. This day just got much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Just re-upped my membership status after a 2-year hiatus. Yes.
    Its good to see GNS posting in a few threads as well. I feel like its important for the owner to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Unfortunately self control works both ways. Simplest thing is to just ignore posts but we all know that can't happen. The good thing is that as so many members have stated, now that those two are gone the board will once again be seeing a lot of posts, hopefully not just in GD though as many of you only post here now so maybe not. Still it will be nice to see the board booming again and hopefully we won't see one or two people bring the whole place down again.
    I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I put them on IGNORE a long time ago, but still, the ONLY reason they post is to push people's buttons or annoy them intentionally (versus unintentionally which a lot of us do from time to time hahahahaha) But it really REALLY sucked to have to see their idiocy all the damned time. They LIVED for being the voice of the Liberal left. And it wasn't that they just had a different opinion. They were constantly cheering the victories of Obama and the Liberal Democrats (and by proxy the gun banners) and they always had some weird left wing skewed response to anything that anyone posted.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Well that's a shocker, I'd like to know what the reason was finally. Is it permanent or just a warning? I too had Kadmos on ignore for a while now.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Well that's a shocker, I'd like to know what the reason was finally. Is it permanent or just a warning? I too had Kadmos on ignore for a while now.
    Two year temporary ban.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I put them on IGNORE a long time ago, but still, the ONLY reason they post is to push people's buttons or annoy them intentionally (versus unintentionally which a lot of us do from time to time hahahahaha) But it really REALLY sucked to have to see their idiocy all the damned time. They LIVED for being the voice of the Liberal left. And it wasn't that they just had a different opinion. They were constantly cheering the victories of Obama and the Liberal Democrats (and by proxy the gun banners) and they always had some weird left wing skewed response to anything that anyone posted.
    Agreed.

I'm glad they're gone.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Now the place will be "General Discussion" again. It had become the "Argue with Kadmos and LAGC" forum.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

Well folks, I didn't do it to get praised, but thanks to those that did.

I thought about this for a long time. I started a post on 2-26-15 asking if we could pull their plugs. I'm an Admin, but not a Super Admin. I really didn't think I should be the one to pull the plug on them. But ... I just got tired of waiting for somebody to take action so I put on my Vigilante Hat and blew them away. There are those that think I'm wrong for doing this; maybe, maybe not. This set of posts would indicate that the vast majority of members here are in favor of the action finally having been taken.

These guys (LAGC and Kadmos) are smart, they knew how to just push so far but not do any one thing that you could put your finger on as a banishment grade offense. I took the big view on this and looked at the totality of their posts and found it sufficient. I can be over ruled, and frankly I half expected to be by the time I got home this evening. I am pleased to see that the bans still hold.

On the state of the sites decline; it didn't get this bad over night and it won't recover over night either. I certainly hope to see the place start growing again.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Kadmos probably should have been banned a while ago, he was clearly here just to start arguments and didn't actually believe half the shit he said. LAGC on the other hand was just an idiot with a big mouth.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Two year temporary ban.
    Two years is a long time for a Troll to sit around and wait to wreak havoc. I don't expect them back so it is as good as a Permaban. You or any other Admin can upgrade it to permanent if you would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Its not a shame. Its long overdue. Good Job Scheutz. I no longer have permission to view or post in the Admin forum so I don't know what finally triggered the action but good for you! Now what will we discuss? Guns? LOL.
    Guns? They kill people.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Unfortunately self control works both ways.
    It sure does. There were discussions in the back room for MONTHS and MONTHS about the disruptions those two constantly put forth versus the Gunsnet tradition of honoring everyone's opinion, like it or not.

A lot of us exercised "self control" in arguing that even though we don't agree with them, they should have the right to their opinions (and you know that I was one of those).

Unfortunately, they figured out where the fine line was and walked it every day. Then one day they slipped off........

I personally am sorry and sad that it came to this, but I also cannot find it in myself to disagree with what was done. They had it coming.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast