Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The quest for the least-manly vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    to me, an accord says "I hate buying gas, or constantly fixing a car"

gotta admit, they really aren't a bad value.

no...I don't drive one...nor does the wife.
    I buy Honda because over 15 years ago my sister suggested I buy one. I bought a 1990 Accord new and I still have it today. I've never had a car that needed as few repairs as Honda. I've since bought several more and they are all the same high quality, tight build and very reliable.

They are not as great on gas as everyone thinks they are, but as far as "don't want to be constantly fixing a car", Honda is the one to have.

I used to love futzing under the hood... not anymore. I just want the car to go when I hit the gas, stop when I hit the brakes and the heater to work.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

you couldnt give these away a few years ago, now prices are crazy.. some over $60K .

They handle like the flintstonemobile
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    They are not as great on gas as everyone thinks they are, but as far as "don't want to be constantly fixing a car", Honda is the one to have.
    I drive an expedition. panzer tanks are good on gas to me. in comparison, an accord isn't that hard on gas vs a tundra, f-150, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    I wanted to go the other way, on this Thread, Next Month I will be 59. I am glad I was old enough to see them on the Road! The Javelin on Steroids The beautiful American Motors Corp. AMX! How many of you saw, rode in or owned an AMX? They are so hard to find today! What a Hell of a Car! They had I was told once, a 400 Block V8 in them.(make that a 396) We all know AMC went Bye Bye in 1986. I have not even seen an AMX at a Car Show! Have any of you? I rode in a 1968 Once. I remember 3 Things about it. 1. No Back Seat. 2. Serial Number on the Dashboard. 3. It was Purple! Made from 1968 to 1970 only!
    How about a 1967 Buick Wildcat, 4-dr., with a 430 CID V8 and a 4 barrel carb. It got about 8 mpg but would do 120 with the pedal only 3/4 of the way to the floor.

Now I drive either a 2011 Hyundai Elantra or an '08 Ford Ranger - depends on what I'm doing.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 03-22-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Yep. 8 MPG on 102 octane leaded gas at about 29 cents per gallon. Remember pulling up to the pump and asking for a dollars worth of gas

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

you couldnt give these away a few years ago, now prices are crazy.. some over $60K .

There was a fella running around in one of those using it as a daily driver on Camp Lejeune about 10 years ago. It's the only DeLorean I've ever seen in person.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post

I used to do a lot of biz back in the 80's with a Chicago area car dealer who sold those. They were a nightmare when it came to mechanical issues & breakdowns. They were also impossible to keep CLEAN, with the stainless steel body holding every smudge and finger or hand print. Always sorta liked the look tho & the gull-wing doors. John DeLorean got it right with his Pontiac GTO baby, not so much with his namesake car.

Prices are up on these because somebody out of Texas is making them again.

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Nothing oozes testosterone like a Pink Metropolitan:

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Nothing oozes testosterone like a Pink Metropolitan:

Don't you mean eliminates testosterone?

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    How about a 1967 Buick Wildcat, 4-dr., with a 430 CID V8 and a 4 barrel carb. It got about 8 mpg but would do 120 with the pedal only 3/4 of the way to the floor.

Now I drive either a 2011 Hyundai Elantra or an '08 Ford Ranger - depends on what I'm doing.
    I once had a Plymouth Fury (1969 - 383 4 barrel) - could pass anything but a gas station. I don't know what mileage it got, but back then, who cared when $5.00 would fill the tank and leave enough change to buy a Slurpee?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234