Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz - Your Opinion As President

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Question Ted Cruz - Your Opinion As President

I'm curious to know what others think of Ted Cruz as POTUS?

Steve
    Last edited by Gunreference1; 03-23-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From all that I've heard so far, he has my vote.

A plus, for him, is that he has a Cuban Dad and an American Mom, so it'll be hard for the CMSM to claim he's bigoted and he should garner a sizable Hispanic vote.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post

Steve
    After going through years of 0bama hell, I don't think I'd bee all too upset if Hitler ran for POTUS. How much worse could it be?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post

Steve
    I think Paul is stronger on individual liberty, but I could support Cruz as a second choice. I'm not interested in Jeb or Walker.

We need to be careful on how much we are beating up Hillary at this point. We want her damaged going into the general election, but if we aren't careful, we are going to put her out of the running for the nomination. She is the one we want to face off with - she is beatable. Martin O'Malley will be far more difficult to beat than Hillary. He is dangerous - he isn't the polarizing figure that Hillary is (at least outside of Maryland) and he is every bit as much of a communist as Warren, but doesn't come off as batshit crazy like she does.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    After going through years of 0bama hell, I don't think I'd bee all too upset if Hitler ran for POTUS. How much worse could it be?
    At least, with Hitler, the German people felt a pride in Germany for a while. All Dumbo has done is make most citizens hate America. Both end up bringing their country down in the end.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    At least, with Hitler, the German people felt a pride in Germany for a while. All Dumbo has done is make most citizens hate America. Both end up bringing their country down in the end.

Yup. As bad as Hitler turned out to be, at least he honestly truly loved Germany. 0bama HATES America and it's disgusting to have someone like that as POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    I think Paul is stronger on individual liberty, but I could support Cruz as a second choice. I'm not interested in Jeb or Walker.

We need to be careful on how much we are beating up Hillary at this point. We want her damaged going into the general election, but if we aren't careful, we are going to put her out of the running for the nomination. She is the one we want to face off with - she is beatable. Martin O'Malley will be far more difficult to beat than Hillary. He is dangerous - he isn't the polarizing figure that Hillary is (at least outside of Maryland) and he is every bit as much of a communist as Warren, but doesn't come off as batshit crazy like she does.
    Anyone who runs against Hillary needs only a 2 word slogan: "Remember Benghazi".

(then again, the average American will ask "Who's Ben Gazzi? Some dude voted off Survivor?")

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Sadly he will be marginalized and Palinized by our sorry media.The likes of John Stewart and SNL will go into overdrive to weaken him.

But to answer your question, I think he is a great man. I'd love to have an admirable soul in the whitehouse again.
    Last edited by Altarboy; 03-23-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Sadly he will be marginalized and Palinized by our sorry media.The likes of John Stewart and SNL will go into overdrive to weaken him.

that's racist.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Cruz, Paul and/or Walker are cornering the market of my affection, lets see how it plays in the next few months

Quote Originally Posted by PROBASCO View Post
    Cruz, Paul and/or Walker are cornering the market of my affection, lets see how it plays in the next few months
    I am happy that people stronger than Bush or Christie are surfacing. I would like Bush to stay in the running until near the end though, I think it is a great diversion for media attention away from the real candidate. There is no way the media will support a third Bush and hopefully that takes heat off of the man we want to win.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

From what little I know of Cruz I'm good with him as the candidate.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Can't say at the moment as I haven't really looked over his history, comments, record in the Senate, etc.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Cruz is an eloquent speaker (without the need for a teleprompter), a pro-liberty minded individual, he's young and energetic, he speaks highly of our founding fathers and their beliefs, and the liberals and media hate him. He's got my vote!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

I like Cruz and Rand, probably Walker but don't know a lot about him.

But.... of course the way it will go down is there will be three candidates that have a chance, Rand, Cruz and some RHINO POS that will get the most votes because all the conservatives vote for Rand or Cruz in the primaries and split the vote so we will end up with another less than spectacular "republican" running in the POTUS elections because the majority split their votes for two good candidates.

I would love to see an elimination style primary election so it knocks them out one or two at a time and boils it down to the best two candidates.

I like the Paul - Walker ticket (ha), seriously though I like Cruz the best so far. The media will butcher him though.

Cruz is ok. I think the more folks learn about Walker, the more they will like him.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Sounds wishy washy on Amnesty. But a damn sight better than the establishment pick Jeb.......You know if McInsane is calling him names, he's got something good going.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Cruz has my vote.

He strikes me as this generation's JFK

I hope he appeals to the young voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I would love to see an elimination style primary election so it knocks them out one or two at a time and boils it down to the best two candidates.
    That will NEVER happen. If they did it like that, after the first primary there would be NO Democrats in the race, at all.

Freedom isn't free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast