Thread: Any Ruger P90 owners?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Any Ruger P90 owners?

What is your opinion on the pistol?Accuracy,reliability,and value used?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Never owned one. Heard nothing but good about them. However, they are considered bulky, but built like a tank.

Rage

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 TakeFive's Avatar

I just got a KP90TH from Davidson's and it is a great pistol. It feels like a .40 due to the weight. Accuracy is good right out of the box and I ran 100 rounds through it in two shooting sessions. Because of the sale at Davidson's, I didn't even look at used prices, so I can't answer that. See if you can test drive one and I think you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Never owned one. Heard nothing but good about them. However, they are considered bulky, but built like a tank.

Rage
    I have read the same thing,bulky,built like a tank.I have handled one before,comparison to my Glock 21,1911,and the Sig P220,I don't think it is at all that bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
    I just got a KP90TH from Davidson's and it is a great pistol. It feels like a .40 due to the weight. Accuracy is good right out of the box and I ran 100 rounds through it in two shooting sessions. Because of the sale at Davidson's, I didn't even look at used prices, so I can't answer that. See if you can test drive one and I think you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
    Like new,I'd rate 98% minor handling,factory box,papers,2 factory mags,and hogue finger groove grips.Asking $350 firm.

Had one years back and liked it, regret selling it but the $400 came in handy at the time!!!

They are a bit bulky but the weight felt good.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I have read the same thing,bulky,built like a tank.I have handled one before,comparison to my Glock 21,1911,and the Sig P220,I don't think it is at all that bulky.

Like new,I'd rate 98% minor handling,factory box,papers,2 factory mags,and hogue finger groove grips.Asking $350 firm.
    In that condition, with the box, two mags and hogue grips it would seem a fair price to me.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    In that condition, with the box, two mags and hogue grips it would seem a fair price to me.

Steve
    Good,I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Thanks for the input everyone.