Thread: Is This a Good Price for a G26?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Is This a Good Price for a G26?

$550 for a G26 with trijicon nightsights, 4 10 round mags, 2 with pinky extensions and a Mitch Rosen leather OWB holster and galco king tuk IWB holster.

From my research I can get a G26 for about $450-$500, but the extras really add up. The only problem with the holsters is they are right handed and I am left handed. I think I can make due, though.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Pretty sure a new G26 with night sights is running real close to $550. I gather you're looking at a used gun. You could always sell the holster. If I were looking for a G26 I'd probably go for it.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

That is how I am leaning.

You realize this is all your fault, too. I found this on the VA Gun Trader site you introduced us too in the Luger thread. Lots of good stuff there. I will not be going there often.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Thumbs up

Sorry about that
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

My reply is similar. No screaming deal but fair with the extras.

485 is what i paid for my G27 with night sights from Cabelas .

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

With Trijicons and the holsters and extra mags that's not bad.

As mentioned it's nothing to really write home about as deals go but it's a fair price.

Glocks hold their value real well and genuine Trijis are more expensive than factory nite-sites or other economy brands.
    Last edited by weevil; 03-31-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

G43

When I told my wife I was buying a new gun she was alright with it. When she found out I was buying a used gun (it had about 200 rounds through it) and that I was not going to see more than pictures of it before I bought it she was not happy. So I have passed on this one. I will still get one, I think, but I will get a new one, probably from a police distributor so I can get the military discount. I am going to check on prices today.

NRA Endowment Member

I know the stores in this area that sell the discount Glocks but not sure how to find one in your area. I know there are only certain models they can order, don't know if the G26 is one of them or not? I do know they are supposed to are at least they use to come with three mags not two.

Ok, found this. If you go to the site below and enter your zip code in the dealer/range locator box, hit the red arrow and select the tab for LE Dealer it will show the ones for your area.

http://us.glock.com/dealer-locator?zip=24012

I think you need a Blue Label Dealer. The link below has more info on that program.

http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

This link has some models and prices, the G26 is listed but not sure how current it is?

http://www.duncangun.com/Blue-Label-Glock-Program.html
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

I found some Blue Label shops in Woodbridge that are not too far away. I am going to call them today and get a quote. Thanks for the information though. I hope that price is current. When I got my G19 it was about $125 less than I could find it anywhere else.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    G43
    Not sure why I would want to do this. It is slightly slimmer but you give up 4 rounds in the magazine.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Not sure why I would want to do this. It is slightly slimmer but you give up 4 rounds in the magazine.
    I understand.
    The G26 is a bit of a brick compared to the G43. We have a G42 and it just disappears in the waistband, and an extra single stack mag in the pocket is no big deal.

Also, that used one...ever notice when a handgun is for sale it's more often than not "about 200 rounds down the pipe"?
    I prefer the new gun smell myself

Not trying to sway you one way or the other but here my G26 which I love. Accurate as all get out and really a nice shooter even with the +P+ loads.

USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Was able to find one G26 in my area that I could buy at a blue label price. I had forgotten that the FBI had switched from .40 cal Glocks back to 9mm Glocks. I called 4 different stores and only one had a G26, actually only one had a 9mm at all! Because of this I jumped on the one I found. I had originally decided that I would wait about a month, mostly because I will be traveling a lot.

Anyway, I am now the new owner of a generation 4 G26. Came with 3 mags and price out the door was $462 for a new pistol instead of the $550 for a used pistol. Now I need to look for a holster.

I also got to hold a G42 (.380). The gun store owner told me that the G43 was very close to the same size. He didn't have any in stock and wouldn't have one till next week. It was a very small gun. I could see it being very easy to conceal, very easy to fit in a pocket or purse, but it was too small for my hand. I am glad I went with the G26.
    Last edited by ltorlo64; 04-01-2015 at 04:45 PM.

NRA Endowment Member

Great choice. Here is something to consider - g19 mags with adaptors: