Thread: Gun Shops in FLA

Gun Shops in FLA

I will be going to Disney in 3 weeks and want to know if there are some places to check that are "close" to the area. By close I mean within 1 hour.

BISHOP

What are you looking for? Purchases, museum type collections, full auto rentals, etc, etc?

Just a standard gun shop, to buy. Mostly to check them out. Maybe to buy something small.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Just a standard gun shop, to buy. Mostly to check them out. Maybe to buy something small.

BISHOP
    If you're near Lakeland, there's a flea market (can't remember what town it's in, but it's about 30 min. north of Lakeland). It is monstrously large and they have quite a few tables on the back side that people set up to sell guns. Most of it is F-T-F. When I was there last, they had all kinds of handguns and AK's, etc. Their prices weren't bad, either.

Plus, there are, at least, two good sized gun stores in Lakeland and one of them has a huge selection of military style rifles and all kinds of accessories.

Sorry, but I don't remember exactly where they are or what their names were but I'm pretty sure they're in the Yellow Pages.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I think the non-contiguous rule applies. Unless you are from a state that shares a boarder with FL, you can't purchase a weapon there and take possession of it. You'll probably have to have it shipped to an FFL in your home state.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I think the non-contiguous rule applies. Unless you are from a state that shares a boarder with FL, you can't purchase a weapon there and take possession of it. You'll probably have to have it shipped to an FFL in your home state.
    Interesting. C&R Long guns aren't exempt from that? Just curious, because I thought that was the case. Most definitely you can't buy a Handgun from a different state.

OH MY GOD, don't any of you ever go just to look?
    I'm not buying a gun, never planned to.

BISHOP

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I don't think that applies, unless it's a new law. I went there about 7 years ago and bought two long guns and filled out the 4473 with no problems. I asked the dealer IF I could buy them (I'm from MD) and as long as MD will sell a long gun to FL residents, FL will do the same for MD residents. Most gun stores have a US map that shows who can buy firearms from that state and MD and FL were colored the same.

Not sure if that has changed, or not.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

Our awesome governor Rick Scott repealed that law back in 2011, so long as the state you're from is in agreement, you can buy there