Thread: Weird news: State Troopers confiscate GUNS from Small town Police Department in Illinois

Weird news: State Troopers confiscate GUNS from Small town Police Department in Illinois

Note this is the town of BROOKLYN, ILLINOIS, not the famous Brooklyn of New York.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...0a63483e7.html

Brooklyn police chief leaves after raid by Illinois troopers

BROOKLYN • The police chief of Brooklyn is out of a job after state and county officials seized weapons during a raid of the department, the latest blow to a cluster of troubled law enforcement agencies in the Metro East.

Illinois State Police and the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office confiscated the weapons, computers and documents from the Brooklyn Police Department in a raid March 25 caught on camera by a local TV news crew.

What's interesting is that these are ALL DEMOCRAT controlled CITIES in BLUE STATES....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Corruption, theft of controlled weapons from police impound, missing drugs, etc. Sounds like the department wasn't run very well and it's catching up with them. I have an idea the Chief will be charged, too.

This is normal operating procedures when any government agency goes rogue (and gets caught). Higher level police agencies move in, shut the dept. down, and take over from there.

Of course, it's Bush's fault.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Happened to the town of Zavala, TX a couple of years ago. It is across the lake from us. They were protecting two meth labs, running underage prostitutes and confiscating vehicles without cause. The County Sherriff went in and did the same thing and arrested the Chief, Sargent and some of the patrolmen.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Happened to the town of Zavala, TX a couple of years ago. It is across the lake from us. They were protecting two meth labs, running underage prostitutes and confiscating vehicles without cause. The County Sherriff went in and did the same thing and arrested the Chief, Sargent and some of the patrolmen.
    Good for him then.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

But I thought police always protect one another?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Brooklyn, IL is where a lot of the St. Louis "east side" strip clubs are. it's a jewel of a town! i just can't understand how they could go rogue like that.

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    Brooklyn, IL is where a lot of the St. Louis "east side" strip clubs are. it's a jewel of a town! i just can't understand how they could go rogue like that.
    Remember also, that this is heavily democratic St. Clair county. Brooklyn is on the northern fringe of East St. Louis, so - - -.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”