Thread: Russia is a dangerous place

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Russia is a dangerous place

In Mother Russia, danger find you!

https://youtu.be/itMdLTd1l4E
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

I always wonder what those people are thinking when they drive like that.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I always wonder what those people are thinking when they drive like that.
    They do that shit in China too!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

They haven't been driving on interstates en masse for generations like we have.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

And that's why dashcams are so popular (necessary) there.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    And that's why dashcams are so popular (necessary) there.
    The only reason we don't see videos of this stuff from America is that hardly anyone has dash cams

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

And I think the reason hardly anyone has dash cams in the US is because this stuff happens comparatively rarely. Just my opinion. But, road death rates in Russia vs US do back it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate [Look at the fatalities per 100,000 motor vehicles column]

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I watched that whole thing.It's a madhouse.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Drivers fueled on VODKA!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    In Mother Russia, danger find you!

https://youtu.be/itMdLTd1l4E
    I was going to foolishly ask why they always have dash cams.......
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

If i had to guess, I'd say they use them to get insurance discounts. If they even have auto insurance over there LOL.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    And I think the reason hardly anyone has dash cams in the US is because this stuff happens comparatively rarely. Just my opinion. But, road death rates in Russia vs US do back it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ted_death_rate [Look at the fatalities per 100,000 motor vehicles column]
    You have to consider other variables though, look at the cars they drive over there. They don't have all the safety features that cars are mandated to have in the states. I would imagine seat belt use is less over there too. Car accidents happen all the time in america, but the cars are built so that people don't get injured as much.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    You have to consider other variables though, look at the cars they drive over there. They don't have all the safety features that cars are mandated to have in the states. I would imagine seat belt use is less over there too. Car accidents happen all the time in america, but the cars are built so that people don't get injured as much.
    Safety equipment like brakes and tires that stay on the car (tractor, truck, etc.)? Seriously, I couldn't believe how many vehicles were losing tires while being driven. I think I have heard about that sort of thing in the States twice my entire life. Once in high school a friend's front tire fell off leaving the parking lot. The other was about 15 years ago and the tire killed a lady. It seems to happen much more frequently over there.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Safety equipment like brakes and tires that stay on the car (tractor, truck, etc.)? Seriously, I couldn't believe how many vehicles were losing tires while being driven. I think I have heard about that sort of thing in the States twice my entire life. Once in high school a friend's front tire fell off leaving the parking lot. The other was about 15 years ago and the tire killed a lady. It seems to happen much more frequently over there.
    About 8 years ago, while visiting my daughter in FL, we were driving on a dual highway and I heard this horrendous noise on the other side of the median. I looked over in time to see this pickup careening down the road without any tires. The tires were rolling away from the truck in all directions.

I can only see two ways this could have happened; 1) someone took all his lug nuts off while he was parked, or, 2) the service station mechanic, who serviced the wheels, forgot to replace the nuts. Either way, I'm sure his truck was really messed up.

One tire falling off; an accident (oversight). All four tires falling off at same time; deliberate. I'm guessing he pissed off somebody and they were letting him know they were displeased.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    About 8 years ago, while visiting my daughter in FL, we were driving on a dual highway and I heard this horrendous noise on the other side of the median. I looked over in time to see this pickup careening down the road without any tires. The tires were rolling away from the truck in all directions.

I can only see two ways this could have happened; 1) someone took all his lug nuts off while he was parked, or, 2) the service station mechanic, who serviced the wheels, forgot to replace the nuts. Either way, I'm sure his truck was really messed up.

One tire falling off; an accident (oversight). All four tires falling off at same time; deliberate. I'm guessing he pissed off somebody and they were letting him know they were displeased.
    You have reminded me of an incident when I was a teenager. My younger brother changed the tire on the family car. My Mom drove it later and told me that the car was vibrating and shaking. I took a look at the car and my brother had not tightened the lug nuts and they had came loose. They were still there by had unthreaded almost all the way. The wheel had actually cut about halfway through the lug nuts. We didn't loose the tire but we were very close. Luckily, changing lug bolts is not hard to do so we fixed it in less than an hour.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member