Thread: S & B Question

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

S & B Question

Have a chance to pick up a few boxes of S&B 44 Mag ammo.....$25 a box...240gr JSP. Any one ever use S&B ammo? I'm totally in the dark as I've only used Rem/WW. Is it decent stuff?
    Dan

yes, it's very decent.

loaded usually warmer than your standard rem/win off the shelf ammo.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Thanks, my Red Hawk will handle it.....got plenty of lead stuff I can load.....just no JSP for possible hunting! Trouble is there is none on shelves in Denver!
    Dan

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

It worked ok in my Redhawk... Maybe not as consistaint as some higher end USA stuff, but good enough I'd shoot pigs with it.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Before the prices skyrocketed, Sellier & Bellot was my standard ammo. In fact when I notice prices starting up I went into hoard mode and bought several cases of S&B in each of my preferred calibers of 9mm, .223, 308 and 30-06.

Was always happy with how clean it was, and how accurate it was. Always seemed to be a high quality load as all wounds sounded and felt the same.

Even at today's prices if I had a choice between S&B and anything else, I would go with the S&B.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I've had issues with bullets coming out the the cases with their .38 spl, and their primer pockets are slightly undersized so the brass isn't good for reloading.

Appreciate the answers, I bought 8 boxes. That should have a few leftovers when son inherits the gun! I've got plenty of gas checked 300 gr left over from when REW n myself usta shoot together....about 1k. Fine on paper. Man, with his H110 load......light up the daylite!!!!
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 04-03-2015 at 05:00 PM.