Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunsnet Survey: How often do you wash bath towels?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Wink

I forgot to mention that I use two towels after a shower. My wife's to dry my ass and crotch then my towel for everything else.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    So this is pretty random, but my fiancee and I have always kidded with each other about who's "normal" when it comes to the use of bath towels. I'm curious to see where you all fall on this topic. I've always used bath towels on a weekly basis before tossing them into the dirty laundry under normal use. She grabs a fresh towel every shower - she uses a towel once and throws it into the dirty laundry. She thinks I'm crazy. I think she's crazy.

Which one of us is the "normal" one?
    When the towel starts to smell like Fritos corn chips or old socks, it's time to wash it.

If it doesn't smell yet, but is stiff enough to stand up on end, it's time to wash it.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

New one every day.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    When the towel starts to smell like Fritos corn chips or old socks, it's time to wash it.

If it doesn't smell yet, but is stiff enough to stand up on end, it's time to wash it.
    Speaking of stiff. I can still remember our towels when I was growing up. We didn't have a clothes dryer so everything was hung on the clothesline in the yard. Most things dried pretty stiff and had a nice outdoor smell very different from the soft, fabric softener, dryer sheet laundry items we have today. Kind of makes me want to put up a clothesline.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    New towel every time. If you've ever dried your face with the part of the towel that someone else dried their ass with, well, laundry soap is cheap.
    You are supposed to wash your ass when you are in the shower.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Depends on the color of the towel. Darker towels will last a lot longer between washing, especially if you have spray on deodorant.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    I am a "If it starts to smell bad, toss it in the washer" guy. I live alone. LOL!

That's me. I got better things to do than laundry.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Quote Originally Posted by 00RedZX-6R View Post
    Gross. New towel everytime.

After dry use towel to dry and wipe stuff up in shower
    Ditto!!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

weekly.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    You are supposed to wash your ass when you are in the shower.
    DOH !!!

Yea, but even IF you can't smell it, you KNOW that some part of that towel was used to dry your ass the first time

Here's the story:
    When i was growing up my folks were "towel frugal", everyone used the same towel after showering. The natural pecking order was; dad, mom, me, then my sister ( poor kid got the soggy towel). Once when i was about 8 i had just finished drying my face when i noticed a distinct shit smell ( apparently my mom or dad wasn't very good at washing their ass ). After that i became a " towel sniffer" to make sure that i wouldn't dry my face with the ass part of the towel.
    Last edited by davepool; 04-04-2015 at 01:01 AM.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Thanks for the input, all. Ha, some of your comments are hilarious. It looks like every few days to weekly seems like the most common practice with a few "every day" options in the mix.

Damn, davepool. I would have had to acquire my own towel-stash growing up in your house. I'd be the one shoveling driveways and cutting grass as a kid to raise money for my personal towels!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I forgot to mention that I use two towels after a shower. My wife's to dry my ass and crotch then my towel for everything else.
    My Hero!

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

I don't know what the wife does the the towels after she wipes me down.....

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Thats fuckin hilarious, its also why I just use a towel once.
    Returns June 3rd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12