Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah Brady Dies at 73

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Like a lot of old couples one dies the other follows shortly........Jim died in August of last year.

Didn't agree with her and won't shed any tears but I can understand how something like the one you love being shot could effect one's mind.

I don't hate her nearly as much as those who used her and husband's tragedy for political gains.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

I don't hate her nearly as much as those who used her and husband's tragedy for political gains.

I felt sorry for Jim and her as well. I don't think either of them should have been so rabidly anti-gun tho'.

If he had been injured in a car accident, can anyone really believe that they would have crusaded for the outlawing of automobiles?

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

I hate her just as much. She was a willing accomplice, actually an eager accomplice. She sided fully and enthusiastically against freedom.

I have less freedom because of the efforts of this evil bitch, and I will despise her rotting corpse just as much as I despised her in life.
    Last edited by nfa1934; 04-03-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

They have been replaced by the Giffords, the new anti freedom poster children. Mark Kelly is especially reprehensible, parading his brain damaged wife around the country for fame and fortune

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    They have been replaced by the Giffords, the new anti freedom poster children. Mark Kelly is especially reprehensible, parading his brain damaged wife around the country for fame and fortune
    This is a reason why I trust 9 mm less than .45 ACP. I can't imagine her still being here if she was hit with .45 cal. slugs. Let'st not forget she was shot by a fellow Democrat that was pissed at her for not being Left Wing enough to suit him.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Please tell me this is not a belated April Fool's joke!

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

I have a feeling Mark Kelly loves the profits and attention just as much as pushing his reprehensible ideology.
    If I had a dollar for every time CAPITALISM was blamed for problems caused by the GOVERNMENT, I'd be a fat filmmaker with a baseball cap.

12 string guitars only have 6 extra strings, but they're 85 TIMES as likely to be used in a song about wizards.

I like big 'bots and I cannot lie...
    I got the model from Bandai.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    I have a feeling Mark Kelly loves the profits and attention just as much as pushing his reprehensible ideology.
    Yep, i'd like to see how long they kept up their speaking tour bullshit if they had to do it on their on dime. I'd bet their "commitment to the cause" would dwindle to zero in short order.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

From what little I've read I don't believe Giffords was particularly anti-gun before the shooting and IIRC not long after leaving the hospital she wasn't blaming the gun for her injuries. Maybe her husband and the media attention has changed that at least public ally.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    From what little I've read I don't believe Giffords was particularly anti-gun before the shooting and IIRC not long after leaving the hospital she wasn't blaming the gun for her injuries. Maybe her husband and the media attention has changed that at least public ally.
    The limelight is a powerful beacon.

But those wanting fame and fortune are not our worst enemies but rather the true-believers. Charlatans and con-men can be seen for what they are by those who wish to look.

The fanatics who have no doubt that their mission is righteous and just are far more dangerous.

This is what made Sarah such a powerful and effective enemy. I'm sure she realized what happened could be her stepping-stone, but she wasn't doing it for the money or even necessarily the fame....she believed in her heart it was the right thing to do.

And when we attacked her it made us seem hard and cruel to attack and insult this poor woman after all she'd been through. The people on the fence watching and even some on our side were upset by this sort of thing.

And those who gave her the stage knew this, the puppet-masters are not amateurs.
    Last edited by weevil; 04-04-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Regardless of her politics and how much I may have despised her she was still a mother to her son and possibly a grandmother which means there are still folks that loved her and will grieve her passing. With that in mind I think I'll just follow that old adage of "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all".
    I agree Richard. There is nothing to be gained by acting like a child at this time.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I agree Richard. There is nothing to be gained by acting like a child at this time.
    There are two times when it's okay to "act like a child."

1) And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
    Matthew 18:3

2) And, the demise of a hated enemy; Sarah Brady. (I felt just as happy Teddy K. died.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

And as a naval officer who has sworn to uphold and defend the constitution. I find his actions reprehensible.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    And when we attacked her it made us seem hard and cruel to attack and insult this poor woman after all she'd been through. The people on the fence watching and even some on our side were upset by this sort of thing.
    This is why conservatives have such a problem getting our point across. Liberals don't use logic and reason they use emotions and feelings. While emotions and feelings will not win the argument they will make logic and reason seem heartless, and why would anyone want to take the side of the heartless?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    This is why conservatives have such a problem getting our point across. Liberals don't use logic and reason they use emotions and feelings. While emotions and feelings will not win the argument they will make logic and reason seem heartless, and why would anyone want to take the side of the heartless?

Exactly.

If they can vilify us and make us look like the badguys they're halfway there.

When issues are decided in the arena of public support and at the ballot box, being perceived as heartless villains without a soul doesn't help your cause.

Unfortunately for us all it's not always a pretty thing to see when some people fly their true colors and put their emotions on display.

Kinda hard to stand behind logic and reason when you have guys spewing out their own emotional rants standing at your side.

I've in the past made it a rule to never speak ill of the departed, no matter how vile they were in life. However, after reading the putrid posts on DU grave dancing upon the death of a well known, and loved, conservative; I vowed to never again stifle my true feelings with reverent stoicism.

I'm so glad that bitch is dead. It brought a smile to my face reading the headline. The would is better off without that money grubbing whore in it. And the term WHORE is spot on for that bitch. She paraded around her disabled husband while dancing and romancing any and all that waved a dollar at her and her anti-American organization.

ROT IN HELL YOU ANTI-AMERICAN WHORING BITCH!!!
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

The only thing that could make this better is hoping it was very painful exit from life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12