Thread: Constitutional Ammendment.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

Constitutional Ammendment.

According to what I just learned from my 'pocket' Constitution, the 27th Amendment was ratified on May 7, 1992.

It was first submitted to the States with the first 12 amendments on Sept. 25, 1789. It was not ratified at that time, but was finally ratified almost 203 years later.

My question...how many other amendments have been submitted without a time limit, and are still waiting for ratification thru our history?

I have very limited internet access, so don't suggest Google is my friend, please.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I was unaware of this... You have sparked my curiosity.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Seems like there are 4 outstanding.
    1. One to maintain the size the House of Representatives once it reaches certain limits.
    2. Making accepting titles of nobility a reason for someone to lose their US citizenship.
    3. An amendment to prevent Congress from preventing the individual states from practicing slavery.
    4. An amendment to allow Congress to set all rules for work for persons under the age of 18.

Of note, lawyers take the term Esquire, and so 2 would exclude all lawyers from US citizenship. Not sure why we have not ratified that one.

http://www.usconstitution.net/constamfail.html
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Thanks, ....
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

ratified by Michigan? I don't understand.

gunsnet is almost as good as google.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    ratified by Michigan? I don't understand.

gunsnet is almost as good as google.
    Lol...Gunsnet is better than google, but a lot on here expect each to be proficient in "google fu"...I am...but as said, have very limited net access .