Thread: Looking at AR15/ M16 bayonets

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Looking at AR15/ M16 bayonets

Not because I think I need one, I just like them. A knife on the end of a gun is kind of like a double 'Fuck you' and liberals wet their pants over them.

I'm looking at options, and none are as cheap as milsurp AK bayonets. I have seen one as low as $35 (Smith & Wesson branded, likely Chinese made), but the Ontario 6143 493 M9 bayonet has my eye at the moment. Problem is... Is a 7" blade worth $100? According to the ad (I haven't otherwise verified this yet) these are the same bayonets that were issued to the USMC (though I don't think they ever even issue them to the infantry in the field). I suppose that has an attraction of sorts, but my rifle is a Sig Sauer AR and isn't exactly a prancing pony semi auto clone of our military's standard issue rifle. So I'm not hell bent on the USGI thing. Anyone else have suggestions on an AR15 Bayonet?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

As I understand it, there is quite a collector market on AR bayonets. I've seen AR bayonets on tables at gunshows for outragious prices - but on the same table some practically new for very reasonable prices. It's a matter of the markings I'm sure. I've been a bit curious as years ago I was gifted three AR bayonets and I have no idea what their value is.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Pics, makes and models?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Probably the best bayonet for your buck is a M-7. Nothing fancy, just a pig sticker. http://www.ontario-knife-store.com/m...d-m7-scabbard/

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

m-7's used to be far and wide for $20, now they seem to have gone crazy. id like to get an m-9 someday. its interesting how much the new "improved" m-9 looks so much more like an ak bayo. keep an eye out and you can find the m-9 for $80-90

So it does look like an AK bayonet... Other than it appears that when mounted the sharp edge of the blade is facing the ground. The Ak bayonet is the opposite. Other than some styling differences in the handle and sheath, they're pretty identical setups with the wire cutter and basic blade shape, attachment method and such.

Tons of M-7 Bayonets on Ebay for under $50. My Bushy carbine w/M-7

003-001.jpg

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yep, I've got a couple of M7 bayonets for my AR rifles primarily for the same reason ... because libtards wet themselves at the sight of a mounted bayonet. I paid $20 bucks for each one, they were all used milsurp bayonets. Even my .22 LR upper AR can use them.

That M7 may not as tacticool as the M9 style bayonet, but still very sharp looking (no pun intended). And I'm finding M7's at half the price, so that's a good selling point...

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    That M7 may not as tacticool as the M9 style bayonet, but still very sharp looking (no pun intended). And I'm finding M7's at half the price, so that's a good selling point...
    If its main purpose is looking cool and stabbing people, I think the M7 is fine.

The whole point of the M9 was that it could be a bayonet and a utility knife all in one, which I'm not sure how well that works since you sort of what different things out of each one. They should have just put a bayonet mount on a KA-BAR.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"