Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S.C. cop murders man. No kidding!

based on evidence.
    it was so casual and shooting a running man in the back, period.
    I do not care what else happened.
    I know exactly what I saw.
    before you say I don't know anything and you are right,
    I don't.
    I do know that
    no unarmed man deserves what I saw.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    You ever notice that in 99% of these "shot by cop" cases, that the ventilated party was resisting arrest? Perhaps thats not a good idea.
    Concepts like "proximate cause" vs "instrumental cause" run counter to the emotional response most people have that are unaccustomed to dealing with aggressive feral shit bags daily. Here is some additional information.

http://www.uniformstories.com/articl.../we-are-the-99
    Another way those annoying little facts overcome such interpretation is that guns, tasers and physical force are only instrumental causes of death, not necessarily the proximate cause. In other words, did Mike Brown die because he was shot by Officer Wilson? Yes, but would he have been shot had he not attempted to disarm a police officer after robbing a convenience store? Or take the “chokehold” case of Eric Garner. Leaving aside the fact that it was actually not a chokehold that was applied, was it an officer holding Garner down that caused his death, or was it his own stubborn refusal to stop resisting a lawful arrest while knowing he had health conditions that would hinder his ability to continue such resistance?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    based on evidence.
    Based on what evidence? The fight that occurred before the man ran away? The way the tazer did not seem to effect the man? Or just the short video? Or maybe the dislike you have for police? What evidence?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Based on what evidence? The fight that occurred before the man ran away? The way the tazer did not seem to effect the man? Or just the short video? Or maybe the dislike you have for police? What evidence?
    dash cam comes out tomorrow.
    what evidence you keep asking, the same evidence that will convict him.
    as far as a short video. it went something like this.

Shooter ready?
    Standby.
    Beeeep.

just like a competition or target practice.
    the cop never said stop, he didn't move except to adjust his shooting
    position. he casually sauntered over to a man he just killed and yelled
    at him to put his hands behind his back never even checking to see
    if the man he just shot was alive, then he casually walks away.
    I wonder what his Bianchi Cup AP-1 target grouping looked like.
    I know 1 was a 10 cause he got him through the heart.

like I have said before, "I do not care what happened before, you
    do not shoot a fleeing unarmed man in the back."
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Shooter ready?
    Standby.
    Beeeep.

How do you know he didn't say stop? The video doesn't start until the shooting starts.

THe guy had a taser hanging out of his ass. Do you think that might imply "stop", or maybe he said stop sometime before or during the use of the taser?

Do you expect cops to stop what they're doing and sit down and cry for a while after a police shooting?

Yeah you're right its wrong to shoot people in the back, but lets wait until trial to find out if hes a cold blooded murderer or just a cop that made a split second bad call.

Try not to let things like sound bites and video clips ruffle your feathers so much. I know it hurts to watch people get killed, but you'll be alright until the trial.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Oh goodie, more agitators:

S.C. Democratic Party Chair Jaime Harrison issued a statement in which he called Scott's death "tragic and entirely unnecessary," called for an end to the "lingering distrust" between law enforcement officers and African Americans, and proposed a few policy changes: "We need more dialogue and community forums to strengthen relationships between law enforcement and communities of color. We need to enact legislation that improves law enforcement training and oversight, as well as provide body cameras for law enforcement officials so as to accurately record and reflect tense interactions. We need law enforcement officials to begin to identify those within their ranks that have had issues and problems dealing with diverse communities and assist them with counseling or relieve them of their duties." Two bills relating to police body cameras are currently in committee in the state House of Representatives, both introduced by Charleston lawmaker Wendell Gilliard. Read more about those bills here.
    Diversity training and encouraging internal withc hunts. I'm surprised there is no quota number of required black police officers listed too.

Attorney General Alan Wilson, speaking at a League of Women Voters event in Beaufort County, gave the following statement: "This is a very difficult and emotional time for our state. I have already spoken with [SLED] Chief Mark Keel and Solicitor Scarlett Wilson on this matter and I am very confident that the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division will conduct a very thorough and fair investigation and that Solicitor Wilson's office will uphold the rule of law. Our office is always available to assist if we are needed."
    More Democratic pandering.

The Charleston branch of the NAACP will hold a press conference outside its office at 81 Columbus St. today at 11 a.m. about "the need for further vigilance and accountability with regard to racial profiling by law enforcement agencies in the Greater Charleston area," according to a press release.
    Do I even need to explain this one?

They want to force police departments to reduce the number of black arrests as compared to white arrests.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/T...sh-cam-footage
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Shooter ready?
    Standby.
    Beeeep.

Here's a video of a cop shooting a fleeing suspect. Was the police right or wrong?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrymple...oma#.waQwmbN4D
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Allen West:

As reported by NBC News, “A white police officer in North Charleston, South Carolina, was charged with murder after a cellphone video was released of him fatally shooting a black father of four in the back following a traffic stop. The release of the footage — which shows Officer Michael Slager fired eight times at Walter Scott — was praised by the 50-year-old victim’s family, who during a news conference said: “All we wanted was the truth.”

http://allenbwest.com/2015/04/one-th...otts-shooting/
    Ok.

This is a sad and tragic incident and having watched the complete video I can say there is NO excuse for what the police officer did in shooting Scott in the back. Heck, if it was necessary to draw his weapon, shots into the air as warning could have been enough. There is no excuse to shoot an unarmed person in the back, especially when you had their vehicle and knew their identity. A simple description and apprehension would have sufficed.
    WTF?

That is totally illegal, AFAIK.

Shooter ready?
    Standby.
    Beeeep.

Except the story you paint misses the part where the two were fighting on the ground before the "competition style" shooting. Your prejudice and hatred for cops is to the point of being scary.

NRA Endowment Member

Senator Tim Scott:

The horrific video that came to light yesterday is deeply troubling. It is clear the killing of ‪#‎WalterScott‬ was unnecessary and avoidable, and my prayers are with the Scott family as they go through this ordeal. The swift action taken by SLED and the relevant authorities upon receiving the video shows the severity of this terrible event.
    With several protests planned today, I join community leaders in North Charleston in calling for peace. I understand the hurt, the frustration and the anger many are feeling today. But violence solves nothing.
    We must come together as a community, as a state, and as a nation in working to bring our communities together and rebuild trust.

https://www.facebook.com/search/str/...t/keywords_top

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Lets look at it using something most of us are familiar with, the deadly force triangle. At the time the gun was being drawn and the trigger pulled the deadly force triangle was not completed. Ability - unarmed and outside the distance for physical strikes, opportunity - he was close enough still that he could have turned and re-engaged the officer, intent - he was fleeing the confrontation. Did they fight before hand maybe, maybe not, if they did both his intent and ability went from go to no go when he began fleeing.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Yeah I can see the not letting a violent felon get away arguement............but to unload your gun into a guy's back as he's running away is pretty hard to justify. Especially after a traffic stop.

At least the doofus in Ferguson was a robbery suspect.

Definitely not a smart move by the cop in today's climate.

Something tells me this is gonna be the big get even where they make an example and he's not only toast but burnt toast, burnt bad!
    Last edited by weevil; 04-09-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    Lets look at it using something most of us are familiar with, the deadly force triangle. At the time the gun was being drawn and the trigger pulled the deadly force triangle was not completed. Ability - unarmed and outside the distance for physical strikes, opportunity - he was close enough still that he could have turned and re-engaged the officer, intent - he was fleeing the confrontation. Did they fight before hand maybe, maybe not, if they did both his intent and ability went from go to no go when he began fleeing.
    This^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Something tells me this is gonna be the big get even where they make an example and he's not only toast but burnt toast, burnt bad!

They want to make sure that there isn't a Ferguson in Charleston. As long as he is convicted on evidence in a fair trial, it will be fine with me. If convicted he could get 30 years or the chair.

Also, North Charleston has already invested in over 150 body cameras for North Chuck PD, just because of this case.

They have released the dash cam.

Well, that didn't seem to provide any useful information. All I could get out of it was that the man ran. When put together with the other video the police officer chased the man and got close enough to deploy the tazer. Looks to me as if the police officer has dirt on his leg which was not there to begin with, and then the shooting occurs. I would love to know what happened when the police officer caught the man after the chase and before the shooting.

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    Ah yep. Or said more simply .... no you can't shoot somebody who is unarmed and that is running away, not even if they kicked you in the balls before they ran.

Bridge shutdown protest fails to materialize

Shortly after the City Paper published a story about the threatened bridge shutdown, at 1:43 p.m., another person who claimed to be involved with the protest called and said angrily that the contents of the press release were not meant to be published, despite the words "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE" that were included in the subject line. Then, at 1:58 p.m., Brennan sent a reply to the original press release stating "THIS INFORMATION IS NO LONGER RELEVANT. THERE HAS BEEN A LEAK. PLEASE DISREGARD AND DO NOT PUBLISH THIS INFORMATION." The City Paper attempted to reach both of the listed press contacts, but neither one would confirm whether the protest would still be taking place.
    LOL!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Looks & sounds like the car was stolen & dude tried to flee.

Might not have been the case but that's sorta what it looks like. Funny the PO was playing Everlast on his radio. Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Looks & sounds like the car was stolen & dude tried to flee.

Might not have been the case but that's sorta what it looks like. Funny the PO was playing Everlast on his radio. Ironic.
    Please provide links. Have not seen anything like this anywhere.

NRA Endowment Member

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast