Thread: Chinese AK spike bayonet value?

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Chinese AK spike bayonet value?

Info for a friend. He has a spike bayonet he wants to get rid of. Said it came off a Chinese AK his friend bubba'd. For all I know about Chinese rifles it came off of an SKS. If it came from an AK, what is its' value? I'll see if he can send me pics. It does appear to be missing some pieces of the assembly, but the blade itself is in roughly 95% condition.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The SKS bayo had a hoop on it that fit over the muzzle. AK underfolding bayo did not. It locked onto the triangular piece that it's attachment rivet went through.

Check Poly Tech Parts as I believe they are selling some. Last I saw was when someone dared my to check the latest price, which had skyrocketed from the $10 that I last saw it to $90! Might be more now!!!

That would be for the complete bayo assembly with the locking piece and spring. Since individual parts are nearly if not totally impossible to come by, the only way it would be worth something is if you had one that the blade was damaged but all other parts were still good.

A photo would really help.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I'll have a pic tomorrow. I have seen it in person, and it does not have the hoop you describe. He says he found the rest of the assembly (short of front sight block, which is still mounted on the rifle this came from). So hopefully that'll help him sell it.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".