Thread: ZQI Ammo leaving Walmart

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

ZQI Ammo leaving Walmart

From their facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/ZQI-A...99504356925348
    ZQI Ammunition
    March 23 at 4:42pm ·
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Though the supply of ZQI 5.56 x 45 mm SS109 dwindles in Walmart stores, we are committed to making it available for purchase indefinitely through our website, ZQIammo.com. We are aware that Walmart’s low retail price compelled many of you to make ZQI your go-to 5.56 ammo, and we appreciate the many positive reviews and encouragements by which you have welcomed us to the marketplace. At this point of transition for our company, we want you to know that $0.33/round was a Walmart-initiated clearance price that is not possible for us to replicate without going out of business. That said, we know price is a significant driving factor in the transaction of any commodity, and though we will not be able to approach the prices at which Walmart was willing to part with ZQI products, we will nonetheless strive, going forward, to ensure the prices we do offer are competitive when viewed against a backdrop of the overall market. At the same time, we hope you will consider the following non-monetary reasons to continue buying ZQI Ammunition…
    1) As our customer you have unlimited phone and email access to a real person who can answer your questions, discuss ammunition and firearms in technical detail, and take your comments and suggestions seriously.
    2) We offer high-quality products that we stand behind. We expect each of our ammunition products to perform to the relevant standard, and will entertain requests for product replacement or reimbursement if it is evident that our ammunition was the cause of a repeated stoppage or malfunction.
    3) You can rest assured that the owners and employees of ZQI Ammunition are principled business people who are committed to providing ammunition products to our fellow Americans for the long haul. We are ardent supporters of the U.S. Constitution and the traditional values that made our country great in the first place.

Thanks for the info.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

For awhile they were advertising pallets of the .556 on their website. Thing is. They wanted something like .48/cpr! I will still get the .308 at 9.97 a box of ten as long as I can.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

It comes from Turkey so them saying they can't make money at 34 cents a round is bullshit. You can get Wolf Gold when Aim Surplus has it for about 32 cents a round.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I wonder if this move is in response to the anti-gun groups sending letters of protest to various WalMarts around the country?

IIRC, they've been hit by a few, isolated "protests-by-letter-campaign" assaults in the past few months...
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Their 5.56 seems to be just as good as that of competitors, so I'm only mildy butt hurt by them raising prices. However their 9mm misfires, and I wouldn't pay a penny over what it was at Walmart, let alone use it for daily carry. Can't speak for their other ammo.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

If Walmart was selling it at .33 a round, I guarantee they weren't selling it at a loss. If ZQI could afford to sell it to Walmart at less than .33 a round they could sell it direct at that and make MORE profit.

Something ain't stirring the Kool-Aid here...
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Well, it was good while it lasted...