Thread: Rand Paul is too strong on the Second Amendment, according to the NRA

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Rand Paul is too strong on the Second Amendment, according to the NRA

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

That is a BS headline spun in order to drum up hatred for the NRA and support for the GOA and NAGR.

Lets analyze the following. I'll Bold everything that is Bullshit, and underline everything that rings true.

Paul has an A-rating from the NRA, but the objective grading of his gun-rights credentials has little to do with the politics of the pro-gun lobby, wherein his involvement with extremist groups tied to his father, former congressman and libertarian-icon Ron Paul, has not won him many friends.

Sometimes the NRA doesn’t like it when people are bigger defenders of the issue than they are,” the source suggested. “They also don’t like it that he helps other, stronger groups like the Gun Owners of America and the National Association for Gun Rights.”
    LOL at "stronger groups like GOA".

Now, if the NRA's grading was based on a politicians public standing, and not an objective grading of their gun stance, then why does the NRA give Paul an A-rating despite his supposed ties to "extremist groups", as the "source with knowledge of Paul’s dealings with the NRA" claims.

The part about the NRA being butthurt because Paul supports the GOA and NAGR seem very true to me. This is probably why he was not invited.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I heard this on the local news station today but they did not say which group he belonged to. I expected it was GOA and I have never heard of NAGR before. The report I heard (and this one too) seemed to be written to try to split conservatives, get them arguing amongst themselves so that the liberal candidate doesn't have to provide any dirt, it is already done.

I think Senator Paul's answer is correct, Petty.

(Though it did remind me that I wanted to join GOA!)
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member