Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40mm grenade thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You guys never see an RPG-7 in the hands of some african pirates on TV and think "that should be mine"?
    you mean like this?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2f1_1327362759

You guys never see an RPG-7 in the hands of some african pirates on TV and think "that should be mine"?
    you mean like this?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2f1_1327362759

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Exactly.

They obviously can't handle owning them, so why should they get all the surplus RPGs, RPKs, and PKMs that I can't get?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    CORRECT!
    Also...

Sorry but there are too many hazards that the average BUBBA will run into without (a) training and (b) a place to practice all the time. Too much hassle and danger from bad handling. A guy can create a lot more damage by being stupid ONCE, I'm sorry to say.

Seriously, for those of us who have served, we REALLY didn't want some of the Gomers in our unit to even be issued grenades, let alone, 40mm grenades and launchers. A firearm they can't fuck up if they execute good trigger discipline and barrel sweep.

I was NEVER comfortable with grenades or 40mm during training. I always had the thought in the back of my mind of "hey, a 5.56 or 7.62 round that blows out in the chamber or blows apart the gun, I can live with. A grenade???? um... yeah..."
    Affirmative, I served with guys that scared the crap out of me just at the rifle range.... One guy in basic went on to be a Lance missile crewman... I thought this dude would surely start WW-3 before I ETS'd

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    You and a buddy go to the range or even just your large back yard, you fire 10 40mm HE rounds and throw 6 M67 grenades, one of each does not detonate. So you now have UXO that you are responsible for, what do you do?
    Option #1 - shoot the UXO with a rifle.
    Option #2 - put an M67 or similar on an RC toy car with a solenoid to pull the safety pin, drive said car up to the UXO, pull the pin and pray for 4 seconds.
    Option #3 - guiltily slink away and make an anonymous phone call to the bomb squad to have them get rid of it.
    Option #4 - Call Daemon and beg for a favor.
    Option #5 - Don't use HE against bad guys.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    they actually are not too expensive only about $70 a round
    M67 is $4.00 each (reference: http://weaponsystems.net/weapon.php?...BB01%20-%20M67 )

Look in the "General Facts" column, near the bottom.

(edit to add): Sorry I guess I need to learn how to read. 40mm rounds are around $60 to $70 each (2010 prices).
    Last edited by Krupski; 04-13-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I want nothing to do with explosives. You can aim a rifle, a grenade is dangerous in all 360 degrees. You think we have a hard time defending our rights now, wait till some dumbass fucks around with a grenade in his living room and kills his whole family, or some kid takes one to school.

Not a good for our rights IMHO.

Now on the 2A rights stance I'm torn, I see 2A as an absolute right, even if grenades were totally legal and you could buy them at walmart I wouldn't want to fuck around with one. I also see nothing good coming from it and it leading to alot of backlash against the 2A.

As far as 2A is concerned, I feel that ANY infringement (i.e. law against a particular arm) is unconstitutional. That doesn't mean, however, that I WANT to possess grenades and other HE devices. Those things are lethal if not handled properly (a lot more so than a "gun").

For that matter, blades (knives) scare the crap out of me. I am completely comfortable carrying a pistol, rifle or shotgun. I am nervous and uncomfortable with a blade. Even in the sheath they scare me.

Exactly.

They obviously can't handle owning them, so why should they get all the surplus RPGs, RPKs, and PKMs that I can't get?
    Wow! Did you see the pink mist and the wound? That was caused by the exhaust of the rocket engine! Holy crap!!!

Option #1 - shoot the UXO with a rifle. - **these dont work like that. chance is slim to none it would detonate*
    Option #2 - put an M67 or similar on an RC toy car with a solenoid to pull the safety pin, drive said car up to the UXO, pull the pin and pray for 4 seconds. *good luck with that*
    Option #3 - guiltily slink away and make an anonymous phone call to the bomb squad to have them get rid of it. * and watch them go apeshit*

Everything you need for HE for SHTF can be bought at your local hardware/walmart store.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I have seen transferable RPG's for sale but they are not cheap, and the rounds are nearly impossible to get.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

That looks like fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12