Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ......clean the server !

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest fun fact, in the scene in the hallway where there were "patients" sitting on the floor, and "doctors" walking around, the patients in that scene were the actual doctors of the Oregon facility, with patients playing the doctor extras. The hospital administration said that filming there was very good for the inmates.
    Is that the scene where Mac, Cheswick, and the Chief are sitting on a bench on another floor after the blow-up on the ward?

That scene has always stuck in my mind the way everyone just disappears when the Dr. in the black suit comes walking by.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If I remember correctly, the first scene where Nicholson is brought in and looks down the hall for sure. The scene you are talking about is when Cheswick gets taken in for shock treatment and the Chief tells Mac he likes Juicy Fruit, I believe that scene too had a mix of patients and actors. The patients filled in nicely as extras. I think Syd said that the doctors that administered the shock treatment were also a mix of actors and hospital inmates.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    If I remember correctly, the first scene where Nicholson is brought in and looks down the hall for sure. The scene you are talking about is when Cheswick gets taken in for shock treatment and the Chief tells Mac he likes Juicy Fruit, I believe that scene too had a mix of patients and actors. The patients filled in nicely as extras. I think Syd said that the doctors that administered the shock treatment were also a mix of actors and hospital inmates.
    The State Mental Hospital is located here and back in the day was just like the one in the movie.

I still remember friend's and relatives who worked there telling their tales to us, so when the movie came out it gave us some insight into what they were talking about. It was really large facility back then.

It's still there but they dumped out most of the patients and laid-off most of the workers in the '80s. Now just hardcore mental cases in the actual hospital and they put in a youth prison and bootcamp on the grounds where the smaller buildings were.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Makes you wanna hatefuck her doesn't it?
    No, I heard she wants a Cleaveland Steamer.
    Don't Let the Bastards wear you down. Gen Joseph "Vinager Joe" Stillwell.

big sale.jpg
    SOLD OUT SORRY
    Nothing but the finest weapon construction and parts used !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12