Thread: Got Glocked today...

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Thumbs up Got Glocked today...

SWMBO advised me today that Cabela's has a pistol on sale that you might be interested in. I looked at the flyer and what she had pointed out was a Tarus 38 snubbie for 300 bucks. I looked at the other ads and saw a Walther 22 auto with a lazer sight for the same price. We drove over to Cabela's for a look see. I really did not need another snubbie revolver so I looked at the Walther 22. It did not fit my hand well nor did it fit the wife's hand. The next counter over had a Glock 23 compensated on sale for 450. I have always wanted a 23. One thing lead to another and I bought it. I got an additional 5 percent off since I am a disabled vet. Now, to let all the rain pass so I can go to the range to try it out. It is a Gen 3 model. The other Glocks I have, 22 and 27, are gen 1. I love it when the wife encourages me to buy a gun.....chris

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sounds like you made a great choice for a wife!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

What nut said.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have found the Walther .22 to be too small as well. Feels like a squirt gun to me. Can't wait to hear how you like the new Glock. I had to look up SWMBO, turns out I have one of those, too!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

The reason I was interested in the Walther is because of the laser sight. I can't see iron sights much anymore. I will install a laser on the 23. My other Glocks are gen 1 so no provisions for a laser....