Thread: Magpul Glock mag update: ‘We screwed up’

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Magpul Glock mag update: ‘We screwed up’

After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I saw these on Brownell's web site and was thinking about getting a pair of them. Good thing I waited. With no metal lining I was waiting on feedback to verify they were trouble free. Never purchase first model year stuff.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I saw these on Brownell's web site and was thinking about getting a pair of them. Good thing I waited. With no metal lining I was waiting on feedback to verify they were trouble free. Never purchase first model year stuff.
    “Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4, 2015,” Fitzpatrick said. “These will be date coded 5/15 and later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower and floor plate with the new body.”

Customers who ordered magazines from Magpul, Brownells and Midway will be shipped replacement magazine bodies automatically. If you bought from those companies you’re in the clear, all you have to do is wait. People who purchased their magazines locally will be able to pick up free replacement parts from the stores they bought from and of course, Magpul customer service will tackle this on a case-by-case basis if need be.
    You would have been fine. May 4 isn't very far away.

Not being a Gen 1 product tester is still god advice though.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

That x10 Schuetz!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..