Thread: Computer Help, Irritating problem

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Computer Help, Irritating problem

Especially when I close the notebook and don't restart it... I go to make a post and type the first letter then the computer starts "dinging" and won't type. I click back in the post are and type one letter and it dose it again.

I think it may be a conflict between the touch pad on the laptop and the touch top Logitech mouse I've started using... who knows. I reboot and it goes away.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes, if it was fine and now it isn't, more than likely it is the problem. Try getting up dated drivers for the mouse.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I did that before posting...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

You might also look at updating the drivers for the Mother Board and CPU chip. There could also be an update for the BIOS or UEFI as they call it now.

I would update all drivers and firmware for the laptop giving special attention to the mouse, USB and touchpad drivers. If it still does it try disabling the touchpad in Device Manager. Try different USB ports if you can.

Oh and make sure your wrist or something isn't hitting the touchpad or buttons