Thread: Shooting the K-31

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Shooting the K-31

Need to dust off my K31 and get it to the range as it's been ages since I shot it. Pretty sure I've got some GP-11 ammo left but it can't be much. Anyone else shooting your K31 and if so what ammo are you using?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

When I shoot mine, I shoot GP11.
    Need to get some more.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nope, not shot mine in a long time, easily 12 years. I have a case of GP11 that is far to valuable to shoot up. I have some Privi Partisan made 7.5 ammo that gives me a reloadable case. I've got a crap load of pulled 173 gr. .30-06 military match projectiles that I plan to use in reloading the cases. I have some handload data around somewhere on powders and charges. It is a bit larger in volume than .30-06 cases so it is similar and uses similar powders.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-21-2015 at 06:41 PM.

sold all mine years ago , I got my last luger for $50 MORE than what the K31's are going for around here presently.

that's crazy, easily one of the fasting appreciating C&R firearms in the last 10 years . right up there with anything German K98 related.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Can't recall what I bought mine for but pretty sure it was one of the ones AIM was selling. Need to check my bound book for the receipt but I doubt it was more than $150 or so. Mine is the light blond beech stock, least I think it's beech, maybe birch. I do recall it's probably the most accurate of all my Milsurps with the possible exception of my Finn M39.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Hand loading is where its at

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Wow that brass brings back memories, I got my 31 in 2012 and laid in about four bags of PP brass and was getting ready to take it to Camp Perry in 2013 when I got rear ended and it has just been sitting there in the rack ever since. Depending on how my neck surgery turns out in a few months will determine if I am able to return to competition which I loved assuming my shoulder injury heals to where I can as well.
    Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone and Highpower Rifle, Presidents 100 (Rifle), Member US Palma Teams and US Dewar Teams. US Army Test and Evaluation Command - Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director - Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, NRA Member since age 12, NRA Benefactor, Charter Member International Wound Ballilstics Assn, Life Member Gun Owners of SC, Life Member Palmetto State Marksmen's Assn, Eagle Scout, Bhd OTA, Shriner, FF1, AC4HT,

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

This thread reminded me of this one I still have. I need to take it out and shoot it some time. Picked this one up in Switzerland along with the matching serial number bayonet. I also got the original owners; back pack, canteen, cartridge boxes, cleaning kit and wool cap. I think I gave $225 US for it back in 2000 on a business trip to Switzerland.