Thread: Radical Firearms

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Radical Firearms

Ordered a complete upper from them about a month ago, it came in a few days ago, unfortunately it is in the midwest of the USA and I am in far east of asia. I asked my step dad to look it over and he said it was a solid looking upper, also looking around online found a lot of good reviews. They state up front they are running about a 5-6 week delay, but for the price it is hard to complain.

So I ordered a 10.5" upper in 300 blackout for my ar pistol, no BCG or charging handle and the price was 249.95 before shipping.

They have uppers in 6 calibers as well as lowers, barrels, parts and other stuff.

If you guys can wait oh about 3-4 months I can give a review and range report.

http://www.radicalfirearms.com/default.asp
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Cool, I would like that. I consider myself more of an AK guys but have been wanting to build my own AR for some time. Trying to scrounge up the money is the hardest part. Have fun with your build.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sounds good. I've been tempted to do a .300 BO but ... I just don't want to do another chambering in the collection.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Sounds good. I've been tempted to do a .300 BO but ... I just don't want to do another chambering in the collection.
    For the last couple years I also stayed in a narrow caliber range, 5.56, 7.62x51, and 9mm, for new guns. I have guns outside those calibers but rarely shoot them. I just got into 300 blackout, and it is an easy caliber to switch too. The performance over 5.56 speaks for itself, but it also uses the same lower, same magazines, same bolt carrier group, and same charging handle. All I had to buy was an upper assembly.

I have been interested in the newer rounds (6.5 grendel, 6.8 spc, 300 blackout) for a while, I pulled the trigger because I think that the battle is over and 300 BLK is here to stay, ammo is flowing and so are the parts. The other calibers for various reasons just didn't catch on as well.

Once I hit my next duty station, I will be able to do the paperwork for an SBR and suppressor.
    Last edited by Hatedbysheeple; 04-23-2015 at 05:06 AM.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    For the last couple years I also stayed in a narrow caliber range, 5.56, 7.62x51, and 9mm, for new guns. I have guns outside those calibers but rarely shoot them. I just got into 300 blackout, and it is an easy caliber to switch too. The performance over 5.56 speaks for itself, but it also uses the same lower, same magazines, same bolt carrier group, and same charging handle. All I had to buy was an upper assembly.

I have been interested in the newer rounds (6.5 grendel, 6.8 spc, 300 blackout) for a while, I pulled the trigger because I think that the battle is over and 300 BLK is here to stay, ammo is flowing and so are the parts. The other calibers for various reasons just didn't catch on as well.

Once I hit my next duty station, I will be able to do the paperwork for an SBR and suppressor.
    Sweet in regards to the SBR and Suppressor.

The .300 BO is here to stay for sure. On 6.5 Grendel it is a different animal, a longer range round than 5.56 or .300 BO. I've thought more about that one, the 6.5 than .300 BO as the long range aspects of it appeal to me. I haven't moved on it for similar reasons; would add another chambering, bullet diameter, case type. It is more suitable for say deer hunting IMO than the .300 at distance. The .300 BO otoh is the king of suppression with 180+ grain bullets. It would be my choice for close range while suppressed.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

A 9mm AR might be a good choice for a suppressed SBR/pistol. Palmetto has 10.5" complete uppers, and I've seen ASC mags for as low as $15 a piece lately.

On 6.5, it can't be that rare if even Wolf is importing it: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...+Box&groupid=6
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

The Wolf for just under 40 cents a round is a good cost but ... how good it groups is the big question.