Thread: Century Arms C39 V2

Thumbs up Century Arms C39 V2

Am I the only one that has a chub for this AK pattern rifle? All made in USA, milled receiver, wolff springs, Green Mountain barrel, Tapco trigger, enhanced mag release, bho safety, 2 P-Mags.
    http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

That is, probably, one of the most beautiful AK's ever produced. I'd love to have one, but until I move to a better state, it'll have to wait. I think, in Md, you can own them, but you have to register them the same way you would register a handgun and you're limited to 10 rnd. mags only.

Still, it's eye candy.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Really good looking AK variant but wondering why it doesn't have a cleaning rod holder on the gas and sight block.

Atlantic stands behind what they sell which would take a little fear out of buying a Century built rifle.

Still a sharp looking rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Really good looking AK variant but wondering why it doesn't have a cleaning rod holder on the gas and sight block.

Atlantic stands behind what they sell which would take a little fear out of buying a Century built rifle.

Still a sharp looking rifle!
    Its an AK...no need to clean it.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Cause nobody in America actually uses the cleaning rod?

Has anyone here ever actually used the cleaning rod on their AK?

Probably decided to save some money by eliminating a useless feature. Yeah it'd be nice to have and all "real" AKs have them but really it's more just for looks here in the US where everybody has nice cleaning set-ups and nice soft rods that won't damage the crown and would never think of ruining their rifle with some ol' nasty iron rod that came with the rifle.

And if it had the holder then people would think they were being cheated if it didn't have the rod.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Actually I have used a cleaning rod to drive out an expended shell casing that was stuck in the breech of both my SAR-3 and Norinco 84S-1. Tula .223 sucks!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

My 2 cents.

Yes it is a very good looking AK variant.

No cleaning rod for two reasons, saves money and no means to attach a bayonet. The no bayonet feature saves them some hate speech on the weapon.

Has anybody ever used their cleaning rod, yes I have just to see how big of a pain in the ass it is to use the "As Issued" rod and cleaning kit, the one that fits in the trapdoor of the buttplate. A good 1 piece cleaning rod with modern brushes and Jags is much better. I have also used the Otis system vinyl coated cable type cleaning rod. It is a pull through type and actually works pretty good. Fits in your pocket. I have used that one to tap out a stuck case in an AR15 rifle. Despite the roll up flexibility of the Otis rod it is able to tap out a fairly stuck case as it is steel cable.

No bayonet lug. Ha! This is a real milled AK: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...Old-school-AK-)

Actually I have used a cleaning rod to drive out an expended shell casing that was stuck in the breech of both my SAR-3 and Norinco 84S-1. Tula .223 sucks!

Yeah that to me is the best argument for having one, and why I don't take mine off, is having something to clear the bore or chamber.

That being said after I don't remember how many thousands of rounds through it and my SKS's and Mosins, I have never had the need to actually use one for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    No bayonet lug. Ha! This is a real milled AK: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...Old-school-AK-)
    Now you're just showing off. You bored with your PSL yet?

No cleaning rod because it saves money and they can sell it to someone else for 12 beans.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Am I the only one that has a chub for this AK pattern rifle? All made in USA, milled receiver, wolff springs, Green Mountain barrel, Tapco trigger, enhanced mag release, bho safety, 2 P-Mags.
    It is a nice ak but being a milled receiver there are a few things I'd rather see on it, AK pattern stock set without the bulge on the lower handguard, wood pistol grip with the metal ferrule at the top, polished bolt carrier, muzzle nut, cleaning rod holder and cleaning rod, no bolt hold open cutout on the safety selector and that looks like a non standard mag release. That also looks like an AKM profile barrel but I could overlook that.

Not to knock it but I'd rather see the non-standard stuff on a stamped polymer stocked AK.

Truth be told I've always had a boner for the poly tech legend and I think every milled AK should look like that.

They weren.t going for a "classic" AK look, even though it's milled.

This seems more like a "what does your average American want" type of AK, and the milled receiver is because we all "know" milled is better. Whether it really is or not doesn't really matter but it's the kind of receiver most Americans want or at least feel is superior for an AK.

We aren't 3rd worlders we want the "best" and can and will pay extra for it, whether it needs it or not.

Milled receivers are more of a status symbol than a necessity. A "deluxe" or "premium" model type of thing.
    Last edited by weevil; 04-25-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I think I like the DDI milled rifles better. They are U.S. made as well.

Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 04-25-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

As long as it's not one of these stamped kits put together on a halfassed milled receiver:

Yeah, that DDI looks interesting also. I was just reading about that gun. Hell, it even has a cleaning rod...LOL.
    http://www.ddiarms.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    It is a nice ak but being a milled receiver there are a few things I'd rather see on it, AK pattern stock set without the bulge on the lower handguard, wood pistol grip with the metal ferrule at the top, polished bolt carrier, muzzle nut, cleaning rod holder and cleaning rod, no bolt hold open cutout on the safety selector and that looks like a non standard mag release. That also looks like an AKM profile barrel but I could overlook that.

Not to knock it but I'd rather see the non-standard stuff on a stamped polymer stocked AK.

Truth be told I've always had a boner for the poly tech legend and I think every milled AK should look like that.
    Isn't it nice to have choices...?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

The recoil spring failure I seen on Hickock45's channel is a little disconcerting to me, though even the best ak's have lemons here and there.

Much as I love the fact they're 100% made in the US, I'm shamelessly a "Purist dbag" (a would be AK snob who could only afford a WASR). That said, if it had all the same features of a foreign made milled AK (bayonet lug, muzzle nut, cleaning rod, etc.) and took standard milled furniture I could be swayed into buying one. Until I see such items, I'll keep buying the commie stuff.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".