Thread: Obamacare Question

Obamacare Question

Yesterday I was talking to someone who is a resident of MD who claimed to get 100% of medical bills, dental bills, vision, and Rx drugs covered via Obamacare. My question is who pays for this: 1) the U.S. taxpayer; 2) the MD taxpayer; or 3) both the U.S. taxpayer and MD taxpayer? This would seem like a simple question, but I have done some research and can't determine the answer. I should add this person does not pay 1 cent for the Obamacare. It is all free.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Well, its administered by the IRS.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

He's, probably, an illegal (undocumented) alien. They don't have to pay a thing for it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    He's, probably, an illegal (undocumented) alien. They don't have to pay a thing for it.
    Yeah, something isn't kosher, even LAQC has to pay $63 a month.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Yeah, something isn't kosher, even LAQC has to pay $63 a month.
    As far as I know, he's an illegal oxygen thief, not an illegal alien....

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    As far as I know, he's an illegal oxygen thief, not an illegal alien....
    Would you go to his wedding?
    Returns June 3rd.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    Yesterday I was talking to someone who is a resident of MD who claimed to get 100% of medical bills, dental bills, vision, and Rx drugs covered via Obamacare. My question is who pays for this: 1) the U.S. taxpayer; 2) the MD taxpayer; or 3) both the U.S. taxpayer and MD taxpayer? This would seem like a simple question, but I have done some research and can't determine the answer. I should add this person does not pay 1 cent for the Obamacare. It is all free.
    Welfare recipient? I guess if your income is low enough you might be able to get enough subsidies to avoid paying for your insurance. On the other hand this person probably hasn't used all of those benefits yet and is assuming they are 100% covered.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Let us figure this out. King Barack decree we all have insurance, then put together the mother of all government run programs. Government run by taxing we the people.

But according to King Barack, the money appears by magic. Smoke, mirrors and federal takeover all courtesy of we the people (tax payers).

As more additional information: 1) the person is not an illegal; 2) he does not work; 3) does NOT receive welfare; 4) moved to MD to receive 100% coverage for treatment for a preexisting condition. I was told a previous State of residence did not provide the same level of Obamacare insurance as did MD, ergo the move to MD. I am thinking that the MD taxpayer must at least foot part of the cost. Am I wrong? I get that the Government pays for all of this - I am trying to understand the role of the State in paying for Obamacare in conjunction with the Federal Government. To restate this if a MD resident gets something that someone in my State (WV) cannot get, does this mean the MD taxpayer has some skin in the Obamacare game?

As more additional information: 1) the person is not an illegal; 2) he does not work; 3) does NOT receive welfare; 4) moved to MD to receive 100% coverage for treatment for a preexisting condition. I was told a previous State of residence did not provide the same level of Obamacare insurance as did MD, ergo the move to MD. I am thinking that the MD taxpayer must at least foot part of the cost. Am I wrong? I get that the Government pays for all of this - I am trying to understand the role of the State in paying for Obamacare in conjunction with the Federal Government. To restate this if a MD resident gets something that someone in my State (WV) cannot get, does this mean the MD taxpayer has some skin in the Obamacare game?
    I think that the Fed. pays a certain, minimal amount to get it started, then the state has to make up the difference. That's why those southern states have gone to SCOTUS to get it repealed as if they implemented it, they would go broke (as per Hussein's agenda).

Of course, O'Malley didn't worry about that as he's a typical libturd Dimocrat and made up the difference with our tax dollars.

Just wait until he gets the Dimocratic nomination, then he will have a chance to screw the US similarly.

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It does sound like the people of MD are paying for it.

King Barack's dream for the United States of Obama, the haves paying for the have nots. This guy shows it working to perfection!